• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move objects without scaling.

New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit videos, I do a lot of importing and moving images and text inside of the scene of a game. This means that, a lot of the time, I'm scaling objects down so that they fit reasonably inside the scene.

The issue is, if I scale an image down, it ends up with the unreasonably forgiving scaling dots keeping me from being able to actually grab the object and move it.

And, with how much an object moves with a camera as dynamic as most video game cameras tend to be, fiddling with the object coordinates directly is not something I am willing to waste time on.

Is there any way to disable scaling a graphics/text object inside the viewport so that I can drag to move an object around for object animations?

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I'm following you exactly but you may want to look at Motion Sketch in After Effects. Motion Sketch will record the motion of the object which you drag around the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing you could try is to increase the zoom level of the monitor, so your object becomes bigger and thus easier to select. That is assuming your objects are too small, which I think you indicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines