• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mulit Camera Edit in Premiere

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a multi camera project in Premiere and the program is constantly lagging and sometime unresponsive.

Is this a common problem?  Software issue?  Hardware Issue?

This is what I am using:

Computer specs:

Dell OptiPlex 3040

8GB RAM

CPU Intel i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 cores)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 530

Hard Drive 500GB Samsung SSD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KennethW!

Thanks for all the info! Is Premiere only slowing down whenever you're utilizing the multicam feature?

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for the most part. I do have to reduce playback to 1/4 or 1/8 to be able to watch my projects - that is also without rendering.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With your computer specs, especially if you're using long-GOP media (most any H.264 mov/mp4 is long-GOP) ... something with that low of capability in the hardware is just going to be slow. I can't think of any version of PrPro that would work quickly with that low of specs ... 2017 might be a bit faster, but still gonna be slow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess it's a common problem with a computer containing your specs. Firstly, one should have not less than 16GB RAM, and preferably 32GB or more. Secondly, using only one drive can put quite a strain on your system. Your i5 CPU is also minimal. Overall, you should ensure all your cache is deleted before you start. My guess is your computer will be quite slow for more complex video work like mulit-camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is premiere and not your computer.

you're probably are running a version other than 2017, is that right?

try to install 2017 as it is your only hope...

Adobe's newest versions of their products have been absolutely worthless for over a year now, 2019 is the year their company folds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines