Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-channel audio: can't convert stereo track to dual mono

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to render my audio for broadcast, and they want multichannel audio: stereo 1,2 and dual mono 3,4. I've already created a new sequence with four channels, added a new audio track, copied the audio files to it (.wav), and designated track 1 to stereo 1,2 and track 2 to stereo 3,4. The problem is that when I go to modify track 2's format to mono, I cannot click on the option. Is there something I need to enable in order to click on it?

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 5.50.21 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change a track type.  You'll have to create two more mono tracks and add the proper clips to those.

Note, however, that PP's multichannel output will be stereo pairs.  That's not user configurable.  So whether you keep what you have or redo it as above, you'll end up with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change Clip Channel Format to "Mono";

Number of Audio Clips to "2".

Does that  work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i think i  know what you want..

Create a new Sequence and do these setting

audio settting 1.JPG

2. after you do the import , right click in the file and choose Modify>Audio channels

audio settting 2.JPG

3. in the Audio track mixer, assign the channels 1-2 to track 1 and 2 and 2-3 to track 3 and 4

audio settting 3.JPG

audio settting 4.JPG

audio settting 5.JPG

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines