I'm working on a complicated wedding video. I have a sequence with multiple cameras that was turned into a multicam sequence. I've been able to make changes to the underlying sequence with the multicam sequence picking up those changes just fine until now. I have one clip that I moved to a different position to synch it with a clip on a different track. By this point in the video, it's down to only two cameras out of five that were still rolling. However, the moved clip in the synched sequence won't update in the multicam sequence. I've tried moving it to different tracks, reimporting, replacing with clip from bin, etc. For whatever reason, I can't get it to show up in the multicam sequence. Is there any way to "refresh" a multicam sequence? Anyone else run across this problem?
I should add that although I wasn't using audio for this clip, if I turn it on in the sequence it plays in multicam mode. It's just the video doesn't appear.
OK, now I tried placing the clip on top of the track that is displaying. Even so, the multicam still displays the original video (even though it technically doesn't exist in the underlying sequence). This makes me think it's not corruption with the clip I'm trying to get to display, but some sort of refresh problem with the multicam sequence.
Update: I found two of the underlying sequences, both named the same and seemingly duplicates, that had been put in different bins. I copied and pasted the clip into the one I found and it fixed the problem. What is odd that I was originally editing the sequence that was brought up by double-clicking the multicam sequence, so it should have worked. It also doesn't explain why the sound would come on but not the video earlier. Very odd behavior.
Can you post screenshots of your multi-clip and your editing sequence? It sounds like your tracks inside your multi-clip aren't targeted, though. Make sure all of your A1, A2, V1, V2, etc are targeted (big blue box on on in the track header) for them to show up in a MC sequence.
I'm not sure if the targeting has anything to do with it, as I haven't changed any targeting and it is now working. I renamed the two sequences ("Ceremony for Multicam Being Used" and "Ceremony for Multicam Oddity"). When I'm in the multicam sequence and double click, it takes me to the "Being Used" sequence, which I had been doing all along while working on the project until running across this problem. When I turned on the audio track in the "Being Used" sequence, I could hear it but not see it in the multicam sequence, no matter which track I had the video placed on. But when I made the same change to the sequence now marked as "Oddity," it worked in the multicam sequence. Go figure.
When you say you double-click the sequence and you're taken to it, do you mean the multi-clip sequence opens up in the timeline or it opens up in the Source monitor? Also, just to be clear, the only difference in the two images is that the bottom one has two tracks patched, not targeted. I just want to make sure that we're talking about the same thing. In both screenshots V2 isn't targeted. Interesting that it now works, though.
When I'm in the Multicam sequence and double-click on the audio track, it takes me to the "Being Used" sequence where I can adjust things like color, scale, etc., then return to the multicam sequence where those underlying changes have taken effect. I'm not really sure what the patch selection does or doesn't do, but I've made them both the same. I don't think that was responsible for what was going on, though.
OK, I've figured it out!
At one point during the editing phase, I had done something to get the multicam sequence out of synch with the audio. The multicam sequence video and audio were unlinked, so I went to an older, saved version before it had gotten out of synch, grabbed the video from that point on, then copied and pasted that into my current file. That's when, unbeknownst to me, Premiere created the duplicate sequence. So any edits from that point on in the source sequence were not being made because it was referencing the copied sequence (for only half of the multicam sequence). Meanwhile, since the audio track hadn't been updated, double clicking on it took me to the sequence I was trying to edit. That's why the audio would play but not the video. Kind of a mess, but at least I know what's going on now.
Ah, gotcha. Glad you figured it out!
[SOLVED] To let people know that I was getting crazy with this issue, when I realized I had miss the correct names and YES it was my fault. So double check to the files, names, etc...