• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mute toggles on for no reason

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo, I ABSOLUTELY hate the new Premiere Pro update.  Its the worst I have ever used, and I am astounded that they have got it this WRONG.  So upsetting.

But I have a technical issue that I wonder if anyone else is having.  For no apparent reason the Mute button on one of my tracks keeps turning on when I am playing back video.  It keeps happening at random times.  Does anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Matt from Adobe here.  I looked at this and am not seeing anything out of the ordinary with recent build of Premiere.  It appears to be working as it should.  

Premiere has many elements of a Digital Audio Workstation built into it.  The track automation system is one of those (it has also been there for well over a decade also, so this isn’t new).  WIth these types of automation systems, they were meant to replicate working on analog audio hardware, when an audio engineer could reach out and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the first I've seen report this (presumably using 2018?).

Try Step 2a, d and e, one at a time.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just moved the audio down a track as a workaround, but the M still comes on for track 1 for no apparent reason.  I restarted but that didnt help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere is acting weird try trashing Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues in cc 18.  I can mute all the tracks, lock them and then when I go to play back it un mutes track 3 every time.  Really annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mute turns on at random times.  No rhyme or reason.  Every track in the song that I am working on will be muted.  I have other problems that I don't understand as well.  Twenty five of the songs that I was working on were all moved in to an active song file.  Original files were stripped. Then renamed as conformed files.  No rhyme or reason there, either.  I am using CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see that you don't have (or didn't have) the automation mode in the Audio Track Mixer set to Write. If you did, you may have inadvertently written mute keyframes to the track.

Expand the audio track so you can see the "Show Keyframes" control. Toggle the Track Keyframes > Mute on to be visible, then delete any keyframes you don't want. The rubber band will be low for Mute Off and high for Mute On.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dumb me - I was having this same problem and this was it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still there , someone help me pls. Otherwise will destroy everyone soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much for this. 4 years later it just resulted in me leaving a few hairs in my ever decreasing hairline thanks to adobe bugs, but now this is not one of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver, Thank you!

Who would use this????  Why it's so obscure after you use it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a better answer than what Matt from Adobe gave. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up with a similar problem.  I had where "mute" would automate, but not show up in the "Show Keyframes" list, so I could never fix it.  I ended up just deleting the track and shifting my audio down.  Good enough fix.  *HERE'S A TIP TO WATCH OUT FOR*  Why I think this happened to me in the first place is I think I advanced the "automation mode" in the audio mixer with my scroll wheel on my mouse by accident, so I had NO clue what was going on.  This thread helped save the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense to me. I find I have to be very careful with my scroll wheel when adjusting Media Encoder settinsg as well. Andything with a slider just whipping by it (with the scroll wheel) can cause me huge headaches. Perhaps a setting could be created to optionally remove scrollwheel adjustments on parameters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a feature to turn off the scroll wheel for the automation dropdown that shipped in the last couple of months (not sure of exactly when, but it was fairly recent) so you don't have to worry about this turning on the automation accidentally anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this similar issue a few times and it looks like the problem happens when I hit mute during playback. This somehow will then trigger the track to mute by itself everytime I hit play after. The way to fix this is to let it play (while still muted) and then unmute it as its playing. Could be a hidden preference setting or a bug that causes this to happen automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 2021. WTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Happening over and over and over. Very frustrating. For the industry "standard" I am getting pretty tired of Adobes quality 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, using the 2022 build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. 2023 smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you have the Track Mixer panel open, while scrubbing down the timeline ... when this happens, does the level control for that track move?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup , it sure does!

Hamid Floyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then at some point, the Track Mixer thought you went into Write mode, probably. So you need to make sure that track control mode is reset. And remove the keyframes of it. They do have some in the Help on Track Mixer modes and resetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Audio Track Mixer Read/Latch/Touch/Write behaviors don't appear to be working properly. The solution is as follows:

1. Right-click on the header of the audio track that's muted.
  2. Select "Customize..."
  3. Click the "Reset Layout" button.
  4. Click the "Show Keyframes" button that's now available when you expand the track header.
  5. Within the "Track Keyframes" dropdown menu that appears, select "Mute."
  6. Manipulate the track keyframes into the "Mute: Off" position.
  7. Try not to punch a hole through your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines