• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF files drop frames after premiere pro 2023 update

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest update still has massive drop frames and black frames when editing with MXF files. This has been occurring since April's update. Adobe closed my case without addressing the bug. I originally thought it was my processor 3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W.

For reference I shoot with C300 mark iii and the c70. I am a professional filmmaker and have been in this industry for 25 years. The reason I left Final Cut in 2008 was because of major program errors like these. We need a stable program and tech support that listens. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Hi All,

Sorry for this issue. If you are still facing this issue in the latest Premiere Pro version, please share some problematic media/project files https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html . We will check it at our end and report back.

Thanks, Mayjain 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have observed that duplicate frame slowdown system.

For me another posiible factor for slowing down is too many markers. I have 1 hour multicam project and when a make scene detect and put marker on scene change...navigation on timeline start to be very laggy. If I delete all scene marker timeline response is perfect again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In December 2022 I spent a considerable amount of time with my colleague including a zoom call with Fergus Hammond from Adobe explaining this issue with MXF files in 4K.

I even specifically created and uploaded a project with large files to demonstrate this issue.

So Adobe please stop asking us to share our problem with you as you know perfectly well what it is.

I updated from the FS7 to the FX6 this year and was hoping it would fix this issue but got even worst.

So every time you release an update I'm hoping you will have finally fixed it but I'm always disappointed.

I enjoy using Adobe products but this is becoming a huge deal breaker as it makes editing so difficult and time consuming often having to guess what I do rather than seen it on the screen!

And even when spending time to try help you understand the isdue (with no offer to be compensated for our time) nothing has happened.

Very disappointing and currently reluctantly looking at other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow! The exact same thing happened to me. I sent them a huge amount of my raw footage and a project file. They told me that they cant recreate the problem. I think it happens most when I'm ingesting footage. If you try to do anything in the program when it's ingesting it looses its mind. So I usually give it an hour to load everything properly. It's still super slow no matter what I do though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one providing very helpful feedback to Adobe, yet disapointing they still ignore them.

Or perhaps they simply can't technically fix it?

For me the issue is very easy to recreate (and have let Fergus Hammond know) it's when I use the Slip Tool (Y) on 4K footage.

Premiere Pro slip the first few frames and then freezes making it impossible to then see which start and end frames to pick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the problem. Especially when i export a video which includes AE projects with mxf files from my C70. Same AE project in the same PP timeline with ATOMOS NINJA Flame files are no problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just coming across this issue after I updated Prem Pro 24.2.1 (Build 2). Have been using Pro now for a number of years and the Sony has been my standard old one.  Just working on a regular project and keep getting error messages.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue and it was horrible to deal with. I ended up building a new PC and buying top of line Components. Just to find out it was Adobe and MFX Long GOP. I have to shoot All intra to use on any PC.... I literrally have wasted thousands of dollars and wasted SO much Time. Just make proxies? just update premiere? Use beta? Its crazy how many fan boys will fight for ADOBE OR CANON. The MXF was working fine for me until an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines