Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My clips in the timeline are red

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've used premiere pro in the past, I'm currently using the latest version (2022) and I can't get it to ingest clips or render proxies properly for the life of me.

The clips preview fine in every panel, until I bring them to the timeline, at which point they freeze up.  The clips themselves are a red colour.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I've edited plenty of times in previous version with this computer, and never had this issue. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Could you share your system details (OS, RAM, CPU, GPU) so we can provide some personal solutions? We also have some suggestions here on how to help with timeline playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply, I didn't get a notification until recently.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

32 GB RAM

Windows 10 v 21H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to include

Graphics Chipset
Radeon RX 570 Series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see red where there should be picture in the Source panel or Program panel with a message along the lines of "media pending"?  If so, what are the source clip setting (file format, compression type, frame size, frame rate, etc.)?  Try transcoding at least one clip to a format that Premiere Pro supports for Smart Rendering (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/smart-rendering.html) and see if that works as expected.

Or,

Do you see a red line above the clips in the Timeline?  If the CODEC of your source footage does not match the CODEC of your Sequence Video Preview settings, you'll get yellow and maybe red, even in a cuts-only Sequence. 

While you're trying to figure this out, you can use Creative Cloud Desktop to install "Other versions", picking an older version or Premiere Pro from the list it presents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes get clips in yellow, but the program is hanging constantly.

This happens regardless of whether I ingest the clip, play it from proxies, or niether.

And this is for 3 mp4 2 minute clips that are 70mb each.  We're not talking overwhelming power here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try smart rendering and get back to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With smart rendering set up correctly, you will see no color above the clips and as long as you are working from fast storage will have smooth playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines