• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My previews are playing in fast forward

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm having major problems editing. I can import fine, and edit fine, but any clips I play in Premiere Pro are playing in fast forward with choppy audio. I've looked online, but it's really hard to find any results when the issue has to do with speed, all I get back are "How to speed up or slow down clips" but the clips are fine, after export things play normally, it's the actual Premiere Pro player that is the issue. The only people I've seen with this issue online seem to have fixed it in the Audio Hardware preferences, but none of them actually say what they did to fix it, and I haven't found anything in it that fixed it. (Switching from MME to ASIO seemed to fix the play speed, but then I had no audio at all)

My computer should have zero issues running... anything.

AMD A10-7700k Radeon R7, 10 compute cores 4C+6G 3.40GHZ

AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

32 gigs of Ram

I really need to figure this out, video editing is a major part of my school assignments. Anyone have any suggestions. I've tried everything I can find.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Don't know if you found a fix for this or not, but the solution my boss and I found was to go into the Preferences Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware and change the default input from the current audio device and change it to none. For some reason that fixed it for us.

Clay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @Beach_Multimedia . You've fixed this for me too. I can't believe this problem has been popping up since 2016! Mine is a brand new high powered machine but completely useless for editing until I found your fix.

("go into the Preferences Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware and change the default input from the current audio device and change it to none")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another solution: Unplug and replug your Microphone. Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Beach_Multimedia. It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines