• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My proxies won't load into the queue of media encoder

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to create proxy files, in premiere it says "creating proxies," but when media encoder loads, nothing happens, and none of the files load into the queue. I have the most recent versions of premiere and media encoder. I tried multiple clips from different projects, used custom ingest presets, and I even tried some of the default premiere ingest presets (which I usually wouldn't do because I like to create my own proxy ingest presets) Every time I give it a go, "creating proxies" comes up, media encoder loads, but then nothing happens. 

Does anyone have any advice on what they think could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Hey! I was having the same issue. BUT THIS WORKED FOR ME. 

go to system preferences - security and Privacy - files and folders - and make sure the boxes under Media encoder and Premiere Pro are clicked ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

I was on chat with Adobe Support and they provided me with this solution. It worked

I run WIN10, on NVIDIA Quadro P4000, APP 15.1.4 AME 15.1.4

Rename the Premiere pro folder from the below shared locations.
1) Open Run command (Windows key + R key) -> type appdata in the box and press enter -> go to Roaming folder -> go to Adobe folder -> rename the Premiere pro and Media encoder folder here as Premiere pro.old and Media encoder.old.
2) In the same location, you will see folder named dynamic link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

I was having the same issue and it turned out my Media Encoder wasn't as up to date as my Premiere so make sure their version numbers are matching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to have a chat with Adobe Support, please? I tried all the above solutions, still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually solved the issue by calling customer service at Adobe. They offered me very good service. The customer service representative was very patient. It turned out that my computer's hardware cannot process the 4K video editing on Premier pro. So, he guided me to change some settings to enable me to edit 1080 video files.

If you are struggling to find a solution for your premier pro usage like I did, calling them would be the most direct troubleshooting way.

Here is a link regarding Premiere Pro system requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Here is a link for the phone numbers by country.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your solution.    Hopefully it will help others...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, man. This is literally 100% working. Once again Thanks a lot I just wasted my whole weak for the solution and this one was just in 2 mins. Thaks for third time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didnt do anything 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never easy to troubleshoot premiere problems from a distance so please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and if you have any 3rd party plugins installed for Premiere... Also, sequence settings and clip properties can also help.  Although you can throw almost any format into premiere, some formats can be problematic, particularly on an underpowered system..  A few years ago, there were serious issues with material shot on sony cameras that have been solved in more recent versions of the programs...  so tell us what camera the material was shot on.  

There were also problems (again with sony cameras) which recorded with 8 channels of audio that were impossible to recreate in proxy formats.  I can describe the workaround if nothing else works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. The solution — install the same versions of Premiere and Media Encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 01  Open the run command and type "appdata" and press enter.

Step 02  Open folder Roaming and Open folder Adobe.

Step 03  Rename Premier Pro - Premier Pro.old and Rename Media Encoder - Media Encoder.old.

Step 04  Open folder Documents and Open folder Adobe.

Step 05  Rename Premier Pro - Premier Pro.old and Rename Media Encoder - Media Encoder.old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully switched to creating proxies manually from Media Encoder, using custom presets (build from the ProRes proxy preset).

In our case especially, Premiere doesn't do a good job on creating proxies itself when it comes to multichannel audio. For example MXF files containing 8 separate mono tracks. Premiere will definitely mess that up, resulting in either a replaced stereo track or an 8 track proxy where every track contains the same audio.

Since then, we have separate presets for each resolution/source type. For example when we shoot in 4K, we have a ProRes proxy at 2048x1080. When shot in UHD, the proxy ends up in 1920x1080. Both set up with 8 individual mono tracks. Once, for example, the source contains a stereo track (let's say a GoPro), we create a duplicate of the preset, changing the 8 mono track setting into stereo.

Of course you can use smaller proxies, as long as you maintain the exact aspect ratio as the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and it turned out my Media Encoder wasn't as up to date as my Premiere so make sure their version numbers are matching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to fix this is to give all adobe software access to your disk. In security and privacy then Files and Folders the only thing that gets selected is Documents. This doesnt help when trying to access footage on your external, where im sure most of us keep our footage stored. giving Premiere Pro and Encoder Full Disk Access, will allow the encoder to create proxies next in the same folder located on your external. Let me know if that helps. 

David. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines