• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help exporting to broadcast 1080 59.94i

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have to deliver footage for a client that will be played on TV broadcast and my exports are looking like garbage with severely jittery frames and compression blocks etc. Check out how bad these are:

V1

V2

Please note I understand that interlaced footage will look weird on Progressive displays, but this is worse. There are jittery duplicate frames and even huge compression blocks.

I have no clue if my settings are wrong or if my computer is messed up. Please help!

The footage is:

C70 footage shot at 23.976p Long GOP mxf.

The timeline is:

29.97 Upper Field First Drop-Frame Timecode

The export required is:

MXF OP1a XAVC HD Intra Class100 59.94i Upper Field First

My computer is a new 2022 MacBook Pro M1 Max with 64GB ram.

Also, if my footage was shot at 23.976, and my delivery will be 1080i 29.97, what settings should my timeline be? Should I edit at 23.976p or 29.97i?

UPDATE: 

This is definitely a M1 Apple Silicon problem. 

I rendered the same project on an Intel based 2018 MacBook Pro and the export looks great. I'll be filing a support ticket with Adobe to see if this can be resolved on their end.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It is said to cut 23.976 in a 29.97 timeline for delivery to 29.97. Pulldown is added, and the footage should play correctly. You have a 59.94 export, however, it should be OK as well, I think.

You may also find a solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/delivering-in-29-97-working-with-23-976-foot...

After reading through your issue a little more carefully, I fear that the issue may have to do with some problem with the M1 Macs. If you have an Intel-based Mac lying around, I would bring the project into that environment and see how it goes. Is that possible? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, it's definitely an M1 Apple Silicon problem. 

I exported the project on my Intel based MacBook Pro and everything looks great.

Thanks for your help looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines