• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested sequence time remapping bug

Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've submitted this bug several times now.  2 things: how do we know if adobe has acknowledged a bug? do they respond to let you know?

2nd thing, the bug itself:

take a nested sequence, insert it onto timeline.  Add another layer in the nested sequence, apply time remmapping.  Sequence will go black before it reaches the end of the sequence. This vid below demonstrates that it is not the normal behavior of a time remmapped clip.  Most of the time when I encounter this bug it is when the original footage is not the same res as the final sequnce.

[hyper link removed by author request]

[Typo removed from title. — Mod.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is really causing me a lot of pain right now. The fact that this only happens when using GPU acceleration makes it extremely clear this is a bug. Please fix this, or if it's not possible to fix please just remove time remapping from premeire entirely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.5.0 (Build 62) still contains this bug. It has been almost 5 years now.

And it cost me more than an hour to find the workaround (Software instead of CUDA).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2022, bug still not fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 2023 - This bug is still an issue. 

Would be great if an Adobe employee on the bug team could share where this bug is in the queue. 

There is certainly a Jira board or Project/Prod manager that's sole purpose is to make sure bugs are getting solved, daily, weekly, and monthly. With daily stand-ups, with the devs. Is this Bug stuck as a blocker and lost in the queue?

This was logged back in 2015 from what I've seen. It's almost been a decade since this bug has been resolved. 

If the Adobe team simply shared the internal bug board it would eliminate a bloated support forum from duplicate posts spanning years. The work is already being done and managed. Just share what is being worked on and where in the roadmap we are. 

If this bug roadmap already exists please link me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had direct contact with adobe about this bug - they failed to acknowledge it as a bug (because they didn't try hard enough!)

I'm so used to it now I have 2 main workarounds:
 If a nested sequence includes a cut/more than one layer and you need to do a speed ramp on it in another timeline you can:

1. render it out. I now have a "bump" folder for every project for such things. Re-import it into premiere.

2. turn off cuda in prefferences, nest the ramped sequence and render that out as above

I've also got used to just avoiding it: for instance for doing property boundaries instead of using paths I used lumetri plus masks to do the same thing.  

The more people complain about this, the more likely it is to be addressed. 
There used to be a lot of uservoice stuff about this bug, but I believe thats been deprecated or removed. I'm not sure at the mo how you even report bugs.  TBH I'm in  aholding pattern until I have the time to start using that Davinci Resolve licence I bought a year ago 

Here's the uservoice page:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34384855-bug-report-time-re...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines