• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Speedgrade CC 2015 reverts all layers back to default when opened again.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I have just downloaded the new versions for work and already cant seem to get past the bugs.

I've had several Prem Jobs passed down the pipeline for colour grading and speedgrade has been fine for the initial grading looks. However If i open the same project a second time to make changes to my grades they are removed and reset to default again undoing all the grading I have spent time on and returning the look to un edited scopes etc.

I notice that when I open it a second time there is a lumetri layer that I can not delete and any attempt to adjust any settings forces a revert.

Am I missing some new process or setting in CC2015?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Guys. This a know issue :-(, this bug slipped in at the eleventh hour and is MAC CC2015 ONLY. Windows CC2015 version is fine.

Dennis Weinmann assured me his team is working on a fix. Until then, I'm sorry to say that my advise as an Adobe Certified Trainer is: DON'T use DIRECT LINK on MAC with CC2015 until this it fixed.

I'm sure they will come with a fix really soon, and then we can all forget about it. :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang in there ... this is "acknowledged" and in-process. Don't know how long, but it is being worked on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Blabberlicious,

Why on earth do we have to trawl through threads to discover the same thing?

I have requested to Adobe that Know Issues are prominently displayed on the F1 Page for years.

That makes a lot of sense. I'll let the product managers know. I do appreciate your past requests. For now, I've created a forum announcement for this issue. I hope it helps get out the word. I will try to do more.

Thanks for your feedback that we fell short on the communication of this issue. I hope I can do more to raise awareness of this terrible bug and advocate for a fix ASAP.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin!

Finally some feedback.

We all make mistakes, and we all deserve some time off.

Nothing worse than renting a house, where one of stairs is loose.

Every guest has the same accident.

A note on the keys would have avoided the inevitable.

best wishes -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of Speedgrade users screwed by the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a temporary fix for those in need, I present my solution.

I had the fortune of getting back to a 2014 version of the Premiere file, and if you don't you won't be able to do this. It also relies on Speedgrade's "Match Look to Master Playhead," so if you have a bunch of tricky stuff it probably won't look as good.

1. Make snapshots of every clip in your timeline

2. Re-install Speedgrade CC 2014 and Premiere CC 2014: you can do this in the CC menu but you'll have to look for it.

3. Open up your 2014 version of your Premiere file into Speedgrade 2014.

4. Open up your snapshots next to your clips and click the auto-match button.

Not ideal, but at least it will get you somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after having a very long chat with the Adobe support team on Friday, walking them through this exact issue (literally on a screen share), and having them come to the conclusion that it was "probably an issue with my Graphics Card.." I am pretty upset finding out NOW that this is a "KNOWN" issue..

It's bad enough that Adobe doesn't see fit to warn its own loyal users about Known Issues, but its just sad that their Support Team Members are also left in the dark.

Don't get me wrong, their support team was very quick, and it seemed like they were doing all they could to help me out, but it was not until I was forwarded this thread from another user on the SpeedGrade Forum that I realized it was not my Graphics Card, I'm not that unlucky, and I am not loosing my mind!

Until an update is released, I will be starting my new projects on 2014. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear Adobe tech support is blaming it on your hardware. It is not. Adobe is aware of the issue, again MAC ONLY, and are working on a fix. I'm talking to the my contacts inside Adobe to improve their internal communication about 'Known Issues'. I think the way the After Effects team is doing that is should be set as an example: with the launch there is a blog with vital and honest info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Animation.

So much needless frustration and customer disaffection.
All saved by having a simple, up front communication channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So . . . do we have a time frame for when this will be fixed?

It kind of puts a damper on being able to, you know, work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started CC 2015 about fifteen minutes ago and now encounter this disastrous issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me, have been on 3 or 4 round trips of a timeline now, including losing the project file entirely.

Tacking on so I get the notification when this get solved. Think I'll go back to 2014 instead of using the lumetri panel in Premiere 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Bug report sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also are experiencing this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, this is a Mac problem. I've just done some Speedgrade round tripping on a Windows machine without any major problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here,...
please solve this problem ADOBE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem, no solutions thus far. This really is unacceptable on Adobe's part. The program is broken like this as far as I'm concerned, it's completely unusable. If I can't rely on Sg to keep my grade settings saved there's no way I can use it. I don't understand how they could have overlooked such a major issue with the new version of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Speedgrade CC 2015 reverts all layers back to default when opened again.

this is the only thread I have seen that acknowledges this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Could you say me if this issue is on Windows or only OSX? I'm speaking with the customer service...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe:

1. You've made a horrendous mistake.

2. Then left your customers to discover it in the worst possible way, when you have the means to easily communicate the issue to them.

Shame on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having nearly the same problem on my Mac. I'm fortunate enough so that when I re-open my project after saving and closing, the adjustments are still visible on the video, but the adjustment layers are gone. If I hide, then unhide, the default "Primary" layer, the video reverts to ungraded, and my grading becomes permanently lost. Can't believe I'm paying for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/\ I think thats pretty much how everyone is experiencing it.

Everyone submit bug reports! (linked)

If they hear about it enough, they will divert development resources to change this horrific and deeply troubling issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows and I have been crashing Speedgrade regularly since CS6. When lumetri color was implemented in Premiere 2015, I would not touch it and I still have not touched it, as I am terrified as to how Speedgrade leaves me helpless on the controls. I felt like I had to choose which tiger to tango with and knew I could not tackle both at once.

I have learned how to avoid Speedgrade's bite, but I am not immune to it. I grew to love what Speedgrade can do in regards to color, scopes, masking, starting at base film in stand alone projects (.ircp), rendering,,, and still love it.

Since I do not have a Mac, I cannot simulate this 'reverts all layers back to default when open again', but I have been receiving flash hallucinations which lead me to believe I have seen something similar.

I have learned that when I start to loose control in Speedgrade, it is time to save, close and re-launch. I am constantly deleting cache (system, project and GPU). I loose control when Speedgrade has eaten all my RAM, so I monitor my RAM, and when it is full, I save and close to clear the RAM.

Now, I cannot always monitor my RAM, as the 'scene' takes control of my focus - the scopes, display, layers, selected clips become most important and before I know it, I notice loss of control - so I follow my method of save, close and re-launch.

So, these hallucinations of 'reverts all layers back to default when open again' - it is not all layers for me, it is like my last save did not stick, it is like my last save was tied to the RAM that was flat lined at MAX RAM capacity. I go to the last clip, the last adjustment layer that I was working on to continue my work. I see the clip layer stack, I see the masks, I go to select the layer to hide and observe the difference and instant reset - lost - reverted to default. I start looking around at the clips that I had adjusted, layered, masked and they are also reverted back to default, but not all layers, I still have the majority of my work still there, just seems to be the work that was done while the RAM was swapping out into the ether (ether - the particles that fall between particles of matter).

Anyways, I redo my work and try to re-enforce my method of sensing when Speedgrade has lost control, then to save, close and re-launch. My primary method of sensing is watching my RAM useage, but that is like driving down the road and looking at a road map.

I am running Windows, Speedgrade 2015 and Speedgrade 2014 was the pretty much the same. I have both installed on my system, not much sense going back to 2014 as I have evolved into Premiere 2015 also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gawwwwww I just discovered this problem as well. I've got several projects that need final tweaks at their end-stage. Redownloading 2014 now!

This is a serious bug that needs fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are wasting SO MUCH time with this "upgrade" to CC. If you are reading this and have not yet updated to 2015, DON'T DO IT! We are going back to 2014 but unfortunately now have a project stuck in 2015. It has been a nightmare.

FUN FACT: Adobe took a company-wide vacation and shut the entire company down just days after this major release. Let that sink in while you struggle with getting YOUR work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just heard from engineering. It sounds like we have fixes in place for the next update. I ask kindly for your patience, and sorry for the issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines