Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio when playing back timeline

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the following issue:

The audio worked perfectly fine the last time I closed (and saved) the project.
After opening the same project this morning, there’s no sound when playing back the timeline.

There’s no difference either between GPU acceleration on or software only.

I can hear the sound when opening a clip in the Source Monitor but not when playing back the timeline.

Premiere Pro Version 12.1.1 (Build 10)

Just installing the new Update

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Source Footage: MP4 File (.MP4)

Hardware:
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

I found out you have to mute or solo track any of the audio tracks for it to work again !!!

Thought i might share this, because i have not seen any post with this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Known issue.

Have to wait for update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your solution. I was losing so much time here already..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues. I just updated to premiere pro CC 13.0.2 and it seems to work fine, at least for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 hoping it would fix the dozens of other bugs and now my audio in a sequence on all layer 1 clips (That I spent A LOT time leveling with the pen tool) doesn't have a waveform and doesn't playback.... I've tried restarting my computer, soloing, muting, moving it, replacing the footage, reimporting. NOPE. The .mov h.264 file audio no longer works in Premiere Pro. Plays just fine from Windows explorer though...

Screenshot 001.png

It worked yesterday in 13.0.1. And now it doesn't.. I don't have any more time to waste on this completely unreliable 'professional' software. It's literally just one thing after another................................................... I was hoping after seeing literally hundreds of posts about issues in 13 and 13.0.1 that, and after posting several posts about other issues I was having, that this update would be better... should have known, I guess I'm to blame at this point.

It's so frustrating. I spend about as much time troubleshooting bugs and trying to get things to work as I do editing.

Can't we just got ONE update without issues? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

UPDATE** I managed to get the audio waveform to show up after I created a new sequence and copied everything over.. I also deleted the cache too and restarted Premiere Pro, HOWEVER, the audio still did NOT play.. I managed to get it to work by literally having to rename the clips individually, and then when they went offline because I renamed them, I replaced each one with the new named ones. That reconformed the clips and the audio worked again..

You are welcome Adobe for me doing some troubleshooting for you How about you reduce the cost until it works perfect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a new sequence with only the video segment without audio and it played perfectly.  I then copied it and paste it back to the original timelilne and it WORKED!  Thank you for the idea.  I didn't clear any cache, just copy and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YUP... MY ENTIRE PROJECT IS TRASHED. I tried copying and pasting didnt work for me. I've tried everything else listed in this thread too.

I've had nothing but problems for the last 6 years with this garbage software.   
ILL BE SPENDING 2020 TAKING THE TIME TO LEARN DAVINCI RESOLVE AND GIVING ADOBE THE GOOD OL FASHIONED MIDDLE FINGER.  THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT PROFESSIONAL ANYMORE, AND AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED, IT NEVER HAS BEEN.  TOTAL RIP OFF.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The master audio track is most likely turned all the way down.  Mess with the db slider on the Master audio track in the timeline panel.  Mine is set to 0 db.  That should fix it if nothing else has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines