Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No CUDA option in Premiere 2019

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So running Premiere 2018 & 2019 on a Mac Pro. Running latest CUDA and Nvidia Web Drivers. All works fine in 2018 but no option to select CUDA in 2019 which makes it unusable due to it's slow speed.

System Specs: MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

2 x 3.33GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

48GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Have tried online support (they did their standard Log In, Delete Prefs Folder, Restart Prem) but were no help. Any ideas?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Hey Joel,

Do you know how long it's been since you updated your CUDA drivers?

2019 requires CUDA 9.2 or newer.  If 2018 is working, I'm guessing that this may very well be the issue.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone to the Nvidia site and checked to make sure your drivers are the latest?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are the latest for the OS I am running. Could possibly upgrade to High Sierra and try again but obviously Mojave is out of the question with no Nvidia support for Mac at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Web drivers can be a bit trickier to sort out as they are constantly evolving.

I would think that finding newer versions would be the best way to proceed here.

I checked online and see that there have been some recent updates for Sierra (10.12.6)

NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro & GeForce macOS Driver Release 378.05.05.25f13

That's the first thing I'd try.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck with that unfortunately. Updated OS to 10.12.6 and updated Web Drivers and CUDA driver but still no CUDA option in 2019. Still works fine in 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joel,

Do you know how long it's been since you updated your CUDA drivers?

2019 requires CUDA 9.2 or newer.  If 2018 is working, I'm guessing that this may very well be the issue.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this may be the issue. Seems that even with the latest firmware, Sierra can only do CUDA 9.1? Will update to High Sierra and try to update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you have a mac, the Cuda feature is not even supported, Your graphics are made by AMD which uses OpenCL instead of Cuda, which is a Nividia proprietary feature.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DigitalSpatula Mac's can run either AMD or Nvidia graphics cards. As mentioned in my original post I am running a Nvidia Quadro P5000 which 100% supports CUDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. I thought you were running a Mac Pro which only have AMD cards in them internally. Unless you are using an external GPU.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines