• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA OpenGL Driver: Unable to recover from a kernel exception

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with Premiere Pro right after startup. Whether i open the premiere pro file directly or navigate to it after startup, as soon as i double click or open, it crashes. My screen will go black for a second, then pop back up with a new window.
premiere pro error.PNG
After choosing either option my screen will go blank again as Premiere Pro is forced to close.
I have gotten around this before by changing the folders where both the file and the projects files are contained, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I've even changed computers, but my issue stays the same. I have a fairly large computer with ample amounts of RAM and dual processor.

Also, I'm in the somewhat intermediate category in my knowledge of Premiere Pro, so it could be something simple that i just haven't learned yet.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?
Thanks.

Moderator Note: Post is retitled to reflect actual problem. This is for search purposes to that others can find a potential solution. Thanks for understanding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Turns out that it was having issues with the graphics card because it wasn't set to use the graphics card in the preference settings. The Renderer needed to be set on Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA). Thank you everyone for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be related to the graphics card. Go to Download Drivers | NVIDIA and download the latest driver to your graphic card and install it.

Did it solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the IT department look it over before i posted on the forum.

The driver is up to date, and we even reinstalled the existing driver.
It's still having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Step 2E below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saphiriez,

Sorry for this unfortunate and confusing experience.

From what I read:

• This error happens when the graphics card is selected for processing but the GPU performance is much lower than the CPU performance.
    • The workload sent from the CPU to the GPU is overloading the GPU.
  • Fixes:

If a clean reinstallation of your GPU drivers does not fix the issue (make sure you do a "clean reinstallation" of these GPU drivers, not just a standard update of GPU drivers), be sure to contact our support queue here: Contact Customer Care

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that it was having issues with the graphics card because it wasn't set to use the graphics card in the preference settings. The Renderer needed to be set on Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA). Thank you everyone for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Es ist ein Problem von Adobe, welches Adobe einfach seit vielen Jahren nicht löst. Denn keine Andere Videoschnitt-Software hat diese Probleme jemals gehabt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines