• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

only want to import 1 audio track from files with multiple audio tracks

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am syncing multi-camera footage with audio mixer files.   I just need 1 audio track from each camera for sync purposes, but each camrea has 4-5 audio tracks.  How can I import just 1 audio track from each camera on assembly timeline.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Deleting the audio tracks with the clip in a sequence will only apply to that sequence; the next time that clip is added to a sequence from the bins all of the audio tracks will still be attached. The "modify" command I outlined will affect every instance of the clip going forward.

Also it sounds like OP is talking about camera originals, which often have multiple audio tracks that are empty, so an M&E stream would not be present. The Modify command is also non-destructive, so audio tracks can b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to only import certain audio tracks but you can hide the ones you don't need.

Import your media files, then before you do anything else with them, right-click on them in the bin and select Modify>Audio Channels. There you can switch them to Mono and just select the single audio track you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively you can put the source on a sequence and simply delete the audio tracks you don't need.

Multiple tracks are usually there for a reason though, so please be careful - 2 things that come immediately to mind here are dual mono, and an M&E stream (Music & Effects). With the dual mono you can simply keep 2 files and change the panning in the Audio Track mixer to suit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the audio tracks with the clip in a sequence will only apply to that sequence; the next time that clip is added to a sequence from the bins all of the audio tracks will still be attached. The "modify" command I outlined will affect every instance of the clip going forward.

Also it sounds like OP is talking about camera originals, which often have multiple audio tracks that are empty, so an M&E stream would not be present. The Modify command is also non-destructive, so audio tracks can be reinstated any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that worked and I was able to do this with batch files.   The trick is specifying the number of tracks as 1.  Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines