• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a new project opens inside of old project

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to newest Premiere.  Sometimes I will open a project while a current project is already open.  I just go to FILE: OPEN PROJECT.  There has never been any issue and the new project opens up and the old project goes away.

Now, when I open a new project, the old project stays. So I'm seeing all of the files, etc. 

So I have to completely close Premiere, then open it up and open the new file.

Not a big deal, just curious if this is a bug or what.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

That is how the new version works.  You can open multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I can't contribute with an answer, so maybe I can contribute with one more vote on this matter? I do too find this modality really annoying and confusing. What's the point of saving each project and giving it a specific name if at the end you have a kind of Master session full of tabs and full of unnecesary footage from a different project. 

Starting on a fresh canvas was much more cleaner to my mind. Any way, I hope Adobe takes us in consideration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines