Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead Drag / Lag Problem

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've been visiting these forums too frequently after the El Capitain update. To add to the GPU problem, does anyone have any idea whats happening here?

My play head in the source window lags behind my mouse and then retraces it's steps.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

El Capitan is the ish ... that OS has had more bugs for more programs than I've seen in a long time ... Apple is getting out patches slowly to fix things, check for updates there ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been to the last two NAB's in Vegas. Talked with a ton of people, including from numerous vendors of both software & gear ... think any major name & many minor companies. Universal comments ... discussing a certain fruit-logo'd company in ... unflattering terms ... noting that in the past, they'd get 'builds' to test well in advance of the roll-out. And if they found issues, quick & speedy care taken by That Company to alleviate the problems ... including delaying roll-out if necessary.

That was Then. And ... Then AIN'T Now.

That Company seems far more interested in Devices than Computers ... iPhones, watches, iPads, all the glamorous stuff. Their old major mantra of being "the!" graphics OS ... well, like, that's SO last decade, dudes & dudesses ...

Over the last couple years, the builds sent out for review are much buggier to begin with, when issues are reported they oft aren't addressed, AND ... the time between getting a pre-release build to test & roll-out is much shorter. If you make say 50 different hardware parts that fit in or externally to a computer & this stuff passes through them ... that's a TON of testing to do, trying all possible Mac machine builds & codecs & effects on various software ... they just don't have time now. Nor, as noted, when they do report things, do they feel That Company cares to do that much about it.

Now ... ain't noboby gonna blast back publicly ... that is definitely not a wise thing to do. So they get yelled at by their clients ... and try to sort out how to make their stuff work on a broken OS. Ain't an easy task ... and then, you just get 'the fix' so something works on the broken OS ... and they dump a patch fixing that in the OS, and now your 'fix' is ... broken. Not a situation for the down-line vendors to "win" at.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, we cannot immediately reproduce this issue. I can help push this issue to the top of the heap, but I need help on that.

Would you be willing to share a project file with us so that we can try and reproduce this issue? If you don't mind, you can upload the project file and I can download it for inspection. The media isn't required. PM me for the location. If you cannot share a project file with us, I do understand. It just makes things a bit easier to test.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue as Andrew.  Kevin, if you don't get a project file from him in the next day, let me know and I'll try and upload one to you.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Unfortunately my problem is not contained to one project. It happens across all projects old and new. A demo file is linked. The problem occurs in the monitors - both source and program. Drag the play head and it will ghost behind mimicking your movements.

Dropbox - Transcoded_OC Fair

Please advise, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens to me too. It's not related to one project. I can start a new project right now and it will behave the same as a project with 1Tb of footage linked to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately my problem is not contained to one project. It happens across all projects old and new. A demo file is linked. The problem occurs in the monitors - both source and program. Drag the play head and it will ghost behind mimicking your movements.

Dropbox - Transcoded_OC Fair

Please advise, Thanks!

Thank you for the project file. I'll take a look.

Looks like we've been able to replicate this issue in house and have a bug filed. Everyone on this thread should also file one if they have time. The reason being is that the more knowledge we have, the more easily we can try for a fix. Here is the link.

Basically, the issue cannot be replicated in earlier versions of OS X and CC 2015 (9.0.2), so it is related to OS X 10.11. We are also in communication with our partners at Apple on this topic. It appears only a downgrade to OS X 10.10 can solve this issue, currently.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

Quick updated, I've rebooted from time machine and still have the same problems with OSX 10.10.5 and CC2015.

So any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Does this occur with a brand new project or is it an existing project?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

Does this occur with a brand new project or is it an existing project?

Kevin - I am experiencing this same issue in both brand new projects and existing projects.

OSX 10.11.1

MacPro 5,1 & MacBookPro 11,3

Using NVIDIA Web Driver on both - helps almost every other GPU related issue I'm experiencing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BSB,

I know the issue is happening consistently on OS X 10.11. I was asking Andrew since he reverted to OS X 10.10, where the issue is not as prevalent. I listed it as a potential workaround for some, but sounds like it doesn't always work.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

Hi BSB,

I know the issue is happening consistently on OS X 10.11. I was asking Andrew since he reverted to OS X 10.10, where the issue is not as prevalent. I listed it as a potential workaround for some, but sounds like it doesn't always work.

Thanks,
Kevin

Yes, it's not a workaround for me either.  I booted back to a 10.10.X system clone and am experiencing the same issue in both new projects and existing projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's not a workaround for me either.  I booted back to a 10.10.X system clone and am experiencing the same issue in both new projects and existing projects.

That stinks. Sorry, BSB. Please file a bug indicating that if you have time.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the exact same boat as bsb. I've filed a bug but still no fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been waiting for an answer from October 7th (the day this discussion started). I still don't get why it is marked at "Answered" , and supposedly, the correct answer is the one given by R Neil Haugen: "El Capitan is the ish ... that OS has had more bugs for more programs than I've seen in a long time ... Apple is getting out patches slowly to fix things, check for updates there ..."

I understand that it might be Apple the one to blame... but it's been almost TWO MONTHS and I really expect Adobe to communicate with Apple and fix the bug. This problem has made me (and for sure lots of other users) waste plenty of time on editing.

Please, don't tell me again that I should go back to Yosemite. That's not a serious and professional answer. I can understand that. for a few days... but it's been too long.

When are we going to have a real answer? This is not an open source software. We are paying for a good service. We expect Adobe to resolve its problems with Apple, but customers can't be the ones affected by incompatibilities indefinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!  I was patiently waiting for the first month. Very surprised this is STILL and issue.  And a VERY frustrating one at that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still hasn't been sorted yet??

Any help please Adobe?

Between this and AME not exporting with LUT's it is much more difficult working with these programs. Can we get partial refunds for the months that they don't work? I'd much preffer that they did what they are promised to do and work properly than get a refund...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌hello everyone...i dont think this is an OS problem. Its happening very badly on my machine as well.

windows7 64 pro

3930k cpu

gtx 780 gpu

64gb of 2400 ram

solid state os drive

4 wd black hdd

solid state drive for cache

Ive been having problems since july.seems like little by little PPRO performance has been degrading.

i have horrible performance when trying to scrub video on timeline and when trying to preview video.

it is unworkable.

ive been on the phone with adobe tech for weeks,they usually remote into my computer,delte all

cache related files,make a few streamline setting changes and all is good for varying amounts of time.

sometimes it works awesome for  a day........

in the times PPROworks, it really works great also i might add that since july, all of my projects have been in 4k.

but again, when it works it is great. Which makes me feel that my machine is capable of working with these files with no problem..

Other times after adobe tech tries thier best,PPRO works fine for about 10 secs and goes back to its horrible performance. This is the problem its hit or miss about 95% of the time it is unusable,impossible to get any work done.impossible..

for the last 3 weeks ive been on the phone almost every other day for hours trying to sort this out with adobe tech.they have all really been wonderful and helpful above and beyond but, i still have my horrible performing

PPRO and cannot get work done. They have made me uninstall all adobe software with a special uninstalling program, ive gone into the registry to delete entries as per adobe tech.also evga was kind enough to swap out my video card just to rule out that it was not a video card problem,thanks EVGA. Dismantled other computers to try my gpu in another machine to rule out my os being corrupt. About 3 weeks of troubleshooting

without being able to finish any work.

funny how my cc subscription bill is always paid but i cannot use the software. We are in the wrong business..

i Think this is an adobe problem and it just shouldnt be like this.i too would like to have a refund for the last few months because i have not been able to finish any work in a reasonable amount of time. Sorry it just seems  like this is the right way to to business.. We pay tomuse the software but it does not work

after effect is the next problem but imwill,cross that bridge when PPRO hopefully gets fixed asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello X Blade,

hello everyone...i dont think this is an OS problem. Its happening very badly on my machine as well.

Actually, this specific issue is related to Mac OS X. You can post about your performance related issues in a separate thread. Also, please continue working with Adobe Support until your issue is resolved. Contact them and have your case escalated. If you have trouble doing so, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe?

Is there anyone trying to fix this?

I want to use the program to it's full potential - the extra seconds turn to minutes then hours...

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Patrick,

Adobe?

Keep in mind that this forum is not the place to address "Adobe." You need to contact support for an official response from the company. This is largely a user-to-user forum staffed by volunteers and occasionally a staff member like myself.

Is there anyone trying to fix this?

I want to use the program to it's full potential - the extra seconds turn to minutes then hours...

Please help!

Yes, a bug is logged and the team is actively working on a fix.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update has it all fixed!!!

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks would got to Kevin & J. Strawn and the main engineering section of the PrPro team ... I'm pleased that the Direct Link between PrPro & Sg is now working like "it should" ...  and I understand a LOT of the Mac issues are better now ... which is wondrous, as that's been a right pain for so many.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Today, Adobe released another update to CC. I just updated all my apps and Premiere doesn't have this bug anymore.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebastian S,

Finally! Today, Adobe released another update to CC. I just updated all my apps and Premiere doesn't have this bug anymore.

Thank you,

Awesome! Glad it is working for you. However, I did notice on social networks that the issue is still occurring. I will keep my eyes peeled on this one.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines