• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible control what metadata goes into an XML?

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to edit what data goes into an XML when you export? When I go File > Export > Final Cut XML... on a sequence, premiere automatically exports the XML without any dialogue box on what to include vs not, etc. 

Is there anyway to adjust what goes into an XML? 

My specific issue is: I'm editing with proxy files and providing a sequence to the post house I'm working with who is doing the conform to the full res DPX files we are mastering in. They're requesting I provide an XML with the 'reel name' included. I see in the metadata of my clips there is indeed a populated "reel name" field (see attached image). But the post house is telling me the XMLs I provide have a blank "reel name" field. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, knbstewart,

Sorry for the frustration. Unfortunately, there are no controls around exporting an FCP XML. Sorry about that.

An FCP XML with the "Reel Name" to be included might be problematic as I cannot find that metadata field available in the Metadata Browser. 

Could Tape Name or Camera Roll be substituted as the reel name metadata? A Find > Replace command in any word processor could modify this .XML file. A very manual process, but I think a translation is possible. Let me know if I can help or provide any other ideas.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply Kevin!

Hmm, yeah that's really too bad about no controls. Would be a great feature to be able to just select existing metadata fields to include. 

I've done a test manually populating a "labroll" field which appears to be in the XML with the info my post house needs for conform. I'll follow up if that works for them or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines