• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier no longer imports folders with their contents.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac Pro. I click File/Import then I click on any folder on my hard drive and the folder gets imported but not it's contents. To import the contents of the folder I have to import the files individually. Has anyone else experienced this? It never used to do this. I can't even drag folders into my import window from Finder. It does the same thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey George - Have you tried dragging the folder from your finder directly into the "Project Panel" in Premiere Pro? That seems to work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I tried both dragging orders and importing them with the same result. Both ways used to work for me.

George

George Monteiro

Email signatures and personal information | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made an interesting discovery I tried the same operation on my 2012 MacBook Pro Laptop and it works fine both ways. But not on my old cheer grater mac tower.

George

George Monteiro

Email signatures and personal information | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to my tower and tried it again and the folder was imported but not the files. So I created an empty project and attempted to import the same folder and it worked both ways; by dragging and by importing. The only thing I can figure is that it has something to do with the settings in a particular project or the there is some sort of limit on the number of folders you can have in a given project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GeorgeMonteiro,

Did you resolve this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines