• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro not compatible to my new PC

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just trying to download PP today on a new PC with pretty high specs (RTX 4060 Ti 8GB, 32 gigs of ram, i7-13700k, etc., enough to meet the minimum specs, and I was met with a: "Sorry, Premiere Pro won't run on your OS. To continue you'll have to upgrade."

My Windows Software is on 23H2 which is more than the 22H2 requirement, and my graphics driver are 

up to date. Is it a problem that I have nvidia game ready drivers instead of studio drivers installed?

or, if this is likely due to another issue, then any other trouble shooting solutions or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks 🙂

(My software information and bug is attached)

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Try a different browser to download Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different browser to download Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing from the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Ann and Neil stated, Adobe does not currently support any browser outside of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Opera is not supported at all - not even for downloading the Creative Cloud desktop frontend (or put it this way, Opera is almost completely incompatible with the critical portions of the Adobe Web site itself).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And while considering the above, don't forget to install the Studio driver, (always) and do a clean install each time. (There's a checkbox for that on the nvidia installer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try a clean install in the past, and it has eventually failed me every single time. What happened there was that Windows Update will always try to overwrite that new driver with a much older driver, and that auto-download feature cannot be disabled at all! In the worst cases, the overwrite was successful enough to wipe out all traces of the newer driver - it auto-downgraded from 560.70 all the way down to 388.13 with absolutely no warning whatsoever.

Therefore, the only way to prevent such an auto-driver-downgrade is to simply install the new driver version on top of what Windows Update automatically installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. Are you still in Windows 10? I'm on Windows 11 Pro, 23H2, and I've never had any problem at all. :-). Have been doing it for years. I do however only install the two drivers, though I don't have speakers in my monitors, I don't install the geforce or physx, and then I delete the notification app right away or as soon as I remember to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto-downgrade also occurred in the latest build of Windows 11, as well. In that particular case, on a PC with a GeForce GTX 1060, it auto-downgraded from 560.70 all the way down to 456.71. And I was unable to fine a way to permanently disable this function — only a way to postpone it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a GTX-1070 in use to around the beginning of the year, (using RTX-4070 now) and didn't have a problem with that one either. Win11 all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines