• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Transcript Export to Txt File Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premier Pro version 22.  I have created transcriptions in the Speech to Text function.  But when I try and export the transcript to a .txt file from the pull down menu after pressing the three dots in the upper right of the text box, nothing happens.  I have tried it several times but no success.  None of the functions work on that pull down menu.  I am using an iMAC.  Is there a setting I need to change somewhere else to make this work?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an iMac, OS Monterey Version 12.0.1, 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 32 GGB DDR4.  Mgrenadier provided a screen capture of what I am seeing.  I click on Export to Text File and nothing happens.  No diaglogue box which is what I should see.  I watched a YouTube video about the speech to text transcription process the the presenter was able to pull up the dialogue window after he click Export to Text File.  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you're seeing when you click the ... (also known as an elipsis) is this what you see?    Do you then see the save dialog?  If not, what happens if you export an SRT file (the SRT file is just a text file with some additional info and you should be able to open it in any wordprocessing program?  You should be able to strip the timecode information from the srt file without any difficulty.  Pretty sure there are applications and websites that will automate this part of the process if necessary.Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 12.55.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yoiu are correct.  This is the drop down menu I see.  I click Export to text file and nothing happens.  I will have to try the SRT function to see if that works.

Thanks.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have reported this. And not just the Export to Txt. But working correctly for most users. See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/within-transcript-panel-clicking-on-quot-exp...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing helped with this problem.  I tried it several more times and nothing worked.  I think Adobe may need to update/upgrade this capability to work all the time. Right now it is apparent it is not working at all for a lot of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. I hope we see a fix soon.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ve had the same problem and solved it by simply giving the sequence another name. Mine had a / in it, try using a simple name or see if other sequences work. Cheers from Berlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it's very easy to forget that "special" characters can cause unexpected issues.  Can remember years ago spending 4 hrs uploading to a ftp site with a file that had a slash in the name.  uploaded successfully and then... disappeared... So even when you think it doesn't matter, for example, when naming a sequence in premiere, it can particularly if you export it without changing the default name...

thanks for posting your solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me. I had " and _ in my cut name and that lead the the frustrating problem described above. 
Renaming my cuts with non-special characters was the solve (until adobe fixes this bug).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an adobe bug. Its a limitation of both Mac and windows
operating systems. And its a legacy of the early days of computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you can use underscores "_". Back in the day, even spaces were forbidden so underscores instead of spaces became a reflex for me.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that fixed it for me too, I had a hashtag in my sequence name.

Adobe needs to give the user a warning or dialogue box telling them about this, instead of just letting nothing happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this post re an update for 22.2.0.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/within-transcript-panel-clicking-on-quot-exp...

It is not a warning, which is also still needed, but it works.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - This fixed the same issue for me - I changed the sequence name, removing the special characters and voila... Many Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here with this problem and you just fix it for me! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You! This WORKED for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines