Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Premiere 2017.1 BUG] Wrong Peak Amplitude / Incorrect normalize on Audio Clips

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Select an audio clip or many audio clips in timeline, right-click, audio gain.

2. Peak amplitude is a non-valid value in random clips (eg. 346dB)

3. Normalize all peaks to any level

Results:

Muted clips (clips with extremely low gain, e.g. -346dB)

I already reported it. Tried on empty project with all cache manually deleted.

Anyone else having this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Hi,

Very sorry about this troublesome issues. We have a fix checked in and we should be clear of it in an upcoming update. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome workaround. That explains why sometimes it seemed to work and sometimes it was bugged out. When it seemed to work, it was because I was using a small series of clips and maybe walked away from it for a minute and thus gave "Calculating..." time to finish up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn´t it be a good idea to make the OK button greyed out (not working) until the calculation is finished. I still have the problem om a machine updated today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, great idea. Change the button to say "Calculating..." in a ghosted out method, giving the user the option to wait it out (where it then says "Continue") or hit Cancel.

Ideally the silly thing would say something like "Calculating, 7 out of 20 done". That would be a helpful visual reminder, in case we accidentally selected 20 clips instead of the 10 we intended to select.

C'mon Adobe, give us the information, don't make us just wait without a progress bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... file the feature request forms ...

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been filing feature requests for Adobe products for 10 years. I've been filing bug reports for about the same time. Absolutely none of them have ever been acted on, no matter how blunt or eloquent I am with them.

I mean sure, feel free to try it, but I have absolutely zero confidence that anyone at Adobe takes any of these requests seriously. That's primarily why I come to these forums to complain about things, because at least I get an echo chamber instead of a brick wall like the feature request form gives me

The only thing that "may" have been acted on was the Premiere "Sort by Date Created" bin display which took years to "fix" after I complained about it on these forums long ago, and it was only added in CC 2016. To be honest I don't think my complaining had anything to do with that anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those reports are read ... talk with the engineers/staffers at NAB or MAX about them. There are thousands of users, I don't know how many filings ... but the ones with more numbers behind them do get noticed. Not to say that means the request fits within their "roadmap" or budgetary decisions for any particular cycle. Like any other organization there's a number of things to be done, X amount of time/resources ... yet within that, the larger requested items do get at least discussed.

There's been several things that I and a bunch of others requested have been adopted ... and a fair number like yours, ain't happened at least yet.

You actually get the most traction by 1) posting here and 2) filing and encouraging others to file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed this bug a long time ago. It’s a nasty one. It could potentially destroy very expensive studio monitor speakers, or headphones.

There’s no excuse for them not fixing it. Heck, even if a bug report wasn’t filed, you would think that someone over at Adobe who edited anything ever would have run across it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems with knowing a program as well as engineers tend to is you get used to where the pitfalls are and how to handle them ... And they become "manageable therefore not  <that> big s deal.

Normal human behavior. And something to keep in mind. Politely challenging that behavior is a regular part of nearly any group I've ever been in.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.01 still has the same issue and same workaround seems to work. Can take a LONG time to calculate peaks on a 30 minute interview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem where it is audio gaining to max rather than the -6 I want it normalized too. So the waveform is all blow out and you only hear noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is so frustrating is that the previous version of premiere was fine.  But now, even just trying to enter a value in the top window i.e. to set an audio gain, results in a long delay, or a freeze then a crash.  I'm using a very fast computer, but the calculating time can be many minutes.  It used to be instant.  Why hasn't Adobe fixed this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple sample rates on the sequences? Some 44.1, some 48 ... that sort of thing?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, no they are all 48 KHz files.

Best wishes

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a few people have found that by changing a setting in their audio hardware, they've stopped the interminable re-conforming for flipping ever. Don't know if trying something there might help with your issue though.

Frustrating ... highly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Normalize Max Peak to:" was working all day today and then I had this problem of it not working as described many times in this forum. This is extremely frustrating since the "workaround" isn't even working for me and this bug is not allowing me to finish a project I am currently working on.

Please fix this, Adobe!!! It has been a problem for many people for over a year now and it obviously hasn't been fixed.

- Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sucks. Pile on with the new user-voice bug report system. You can actually search for other bugs filed, see if you can join in a comment on someone else with the same issue. And also see if there's an engineer's response on one, as they do comment on many of these now.

And of course, file your own.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature Request service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmao this was from 2017 and still not fixed. Embarassing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's happening with your system? Works fine on mine.

Notice the last post was two years back?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines