Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2018 monitor black out when launching project

Engaged ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is a video of what's going on. Blackout - YouTube  It happens to work fine once I restart my computer but it does this over and over once the computer is on for at least 6 hours. I actually have been keeping track when this happens.  It used to do this earlier this year then suddenly randomly fixed itself but just started again. I'm on version 2018 and I don't think it's an update issue with premiere since it was working during the auto fix that randomly happened. What could it be? Any ideas? This happens with any project new or current so it's not the project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay so it's not the driver it's the monitor which is weird. I turned off the second monitor and premiere launches just fine. But whenever I launch premiere with the second monitor turned on it freezes and goes black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could still be a driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then how come after restarting the computer it works fine but then every day after 6 hours it does the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see so many messages that I don't remember exactly where this one was

I recently tried to help someone with a similar/same problem... he (I think it was a he... I will use that) had 2 of EXACTLY the same brand and model monitors connected... and had problems

When he put a different brand monitor on, so the 2 were not the same, the problems went away

I speculated that his card and/or driver was not working correctly due to not being able to "see" the 2 monitors as being different

Can you borrow a different monitor and see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I can but why would different brands make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines