• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere adding unwanted motion keyframes, unable to remove/keyframe around them?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue with Premiere for months now (across multiple projects on multiple computers) where the program adds an invisible keyframe on the X-axis between two existing keyframes. I cannot delete this "keyframe" and I cannot add a keyframe in the middle of the unwanted change to re-center the clip (because the ghost keyframe will then shift to be in the middle of the previous keyframe and the newly-placed keyframe).

My only options are to delete all of my keyframes and try again on a new timeline (which doesn't always solve the problem. I'd say about 60% of the time, the ghost keyframe will just put itself back in), or I have to keyframe the placement of every single frame. Both of these options are spectacularly time-consuming and incredibly frustrating. 

Video of Issue 
In the video, you'll see the actual problem, what the keyframe values are actually doing, and what happens when I try to add a keyframe where the ghost keyframe is (described above). 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had that happen.

I fixed it by removing the end keyframes and recreating the keyframes in time order.

There was something about adding an intermediate keyframe that was wonky. Instead of trying to fix it, it was quicker to just recreate the keyframes in the order they occur.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines