Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Not Interpreting Alpha Transparency ProRes 4444

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've imported a graphic, ProRes 4444 with an alpha channel but Premiere 6.0.2 is not reading the transparency.  When I lay it on top of another clip the transparent part shows as black rather than being transparent and showing the layer underneath.  It seems like the same error is happening in After Effects.

Final Cut 7 reads the transparency fine.  I read that the same problem was happening on earlier versions of Premiere and After Effects. 

I'm working with a Mac Pro, NVIDIA Quadro 4000, Lion.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I am in Resolve, need to export an dnxhr 444 with alpha and like you I can't use the alpha channel in AE, I would like to know how I can be sure to have the 1st frame with alpha ?

How I can add the blank frame ? it's something I don't understand.

Many thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, I think you have to use Prores 4444 (an extra 4 in the codec) for alpha.  Also, for first frame, just make sure nothing is on it by sliding all your timeline layers along one frame so everything starts on frame 2.  This way frame 1 is blank (full alpha).

My own issue was I had a "Solid" blue box on frame 1 so AE assumed the entire video has no alpha.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GeoffCoopeUK,

Thanks for your fast feedback, really appreciated !

Well, I am on windows 10, only way for export via Resolve is Dnxhr 444. When I use the footage in Fusion 9, I am able to saw the alpha layer, but in all Adobe system it's impossible.

Thanks for the 1st frame blank, now another problem I have, resolve export only the clip and nothing before wat a day \o/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

As to the "export only the clip and nothing before".  I am not sure what you mean here?

Are you setting in/out points for the render?  or the entire timeline?

See this video, specifically at 5:08

How to Export a Video - Davinci Resolve 14 Deliver Tutorial - YouTube

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

This is exactly I already try, the problem I had is that I can't have blank space before the clip I would like to render, each time resolve render only the clip only.

With in/out, on my timeline it's ok, on the render I can only select the in out and not the timeline like the video you past.

Will try to go with my dnxrh 444 in vegas and export with alpha channel maybe it will work in AE, that's crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always create a Transparent PNG in Photoshop and put that at the start of your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already try and don't work from resolve.

Only way actually for me is to use the dnxhr 444 in fusion, export in avi no compressend with alpha and I am able to seen in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Adobe! FIX THIS! I'm sending alpha footage to a coworker and his mac isn't picking up the alpha channel even though my PC is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines