• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 14 Bug: after Warp Stabilizer, Frame for that video shifts out of frame

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 14 Bug: after Warp Stabilizer, Frame for that video shifts out of frame.

- If you position cursor over the clip, all looks fine

- During playback to verify motion, the video is shifted out of rame (in cses I see, goes up and to the left)

- If I render the timeline, all is as should be.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue, but I am not using Warp. All I am doing is cropping 4K footage in a 1080 timeline. I'm on Windows 10, PP version 13.1.3, 32gb RAM, i9 processor. This is a rather intermittent problem. I don't know the camera style, as I didn't shoot the material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was another user with your same issue on Windows - i.e. not using Warp and image repositioning:

video-changes-position-without-keyframe 

There was no resolution that I know of.

Interesting you mention cropped 4K ... seem to recall that when I saw this issue (though applying warp) I was also working with cropped 4K?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon getting back into the project, I DID indeed use warp stabilizer. I didn't recall doing so. I am prerendering the timeline and the clip still changes postion. The client was finally ready to upload to their page and noticed it, thus, I'm back in the project for the fix. I'm quiet with post projects now, so I think I'll upgrade to the latest PP version and open the project again in the new version to see what happens. I'll also look into the preferences link as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this exact issue with Warp Stabiliser on Mac, Premiere Pro v13.x versions too. Intermittent and resolved by rendering - so it's not just a v14 bug. At least it's a fairly benign problem. You could try resetting your preferences just in case:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to project settings - general - renderer, what options do you have?

if you do not have GPU acceleration you will need to update your

graphics card from the vendor's site.

if on a Mac, and you have GPU acceleration, better use Metal renderer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have GPU acceleration. My system is 9 months old and is also updated with the latest updates, etc. That's a good thing to remember, though. Not something I normally think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im replying to the original post, for you, try software only renderer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE FIX: Create a nested sequence with the clip, and then Warp Stasbilize THAT nested sequence. I was having the same issue with any clip that was larger respution than the timeline, and scaled down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does work, though it's not taking the pixels 'out of frame' for the stabilization in case it's a bit cropped in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently testing out the nested sequence fix, and I also read on a different forum that setting the scale to anything above 50.1% will fix it, but...seriously? In that other thread, people talked about this bug existing for years. Adobe, how can you spend $1.2B to acquire frame.io, ostensibly to enable video creators, yet your own editing software is plagued with bugs that your users beg you to fix? What are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. this acyually worked. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS WHAT ACTUALLY WORKED...! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why on earth does this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is incredible. I can't believe that works but it does. I've been living with this for years and all I had to do was adjust the scale from 50% to 50.1%!? THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was make the timeline 1080p, but do not scale the footage to 50% in "Motion" just leave it cropped in. THEN in Warp Stablizer set the scale to 50% and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work for me

(16" MacBook Pro, v22.3.0.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fabian,

Sorry for the trouble. If you can, try nesting the clip and stabilizing the nest instead. Does that work? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one! I've been looking for this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be an issue with having the project settigns not match the clip size. If you selected "Set to frame size" rather than "Scale to frame size" it will give you a repositioning issue when using warp stabalizer.

FIX:

To fix this all you have to do is rescale one of the clips to 100 under the effects panel, copy the clip, select the entire timeline, and paste the attributes to all other clips with only motion selected. Then select the clips in the timeline and select "Scale to frame size"

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the above (resizing within warp stabilizer), this also helped me. Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines