Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 2018 slower than the old version

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im feeling that the new version is much slower than the older version. Do I do something wrong or is there a issue?

/ Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory problem? All the RAM got gobbled up after a few minutes.

I installed 2018 (Windows 10), upgraded the project I was working on and started editing. Within a few minutes, it bogged down, then froze... not just Premiere Pro, but the whole PC. Cursor frozen, keyboard frozen, mouse (new Wacom tablet) frozen... had to do a hard reset of the PC.

Tried again, froze again, but then I noticed that every 10 or 15 seconds, something jumped. The cursor, or an open window, or something even in Premiere. I checked to see if I had slipped back to Windows 95.

Another hard reboot, and I opened the Task Manager and launched Premiere. Was the CPU maxed? Nope... but I watched memory usage climb until my 24 GB of memory was gone, and everything stalled again (no kidding). Reboot (hard punch out again) and relaunch Premiere, and checked that Memory was set for 16 GB limit. It climbed through that while I watched, and I shut it down before it could stall the PC again.

So I went back to the Cloud manager and reinstalled CC 2017. That's working (and I'm working). RAM use is between 8 and 10 GB again.

One last comment on all the VR stuff. I know Adobe has to go there, but it'll never (never say never? Well, not my small biz) use it. Kinda wish they'd developed a separate app - PremiereVR - for that. Of course, I don't know how feasible that would have been, but I'm hoping I'm not paying a lot (in $ and bloat) for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please file the bug report for that .. they don't respond but all reports do get collated & distributed to all managerial types.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

It's a royal pain when you get hit by one of these that keep you from working at all in a release. I'm working fine in 2018 myself though I've been able to verify a few bugs (that have workarounds, thankfully!) myself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines