• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2019 (13.1.4 - Build 2) will not use NVIDIA Quadro P6000 GPU to Render...

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Mercury engine to actually use the GPU to render in PP 2019? As stated in the title, I have a P6000, I'm on the latest driver (431.70). My system is a Dell Precision 7920 (tower), running on an Intel Xeon Gold chip and there's no integrated Intel graphics that would interfere.

Any insight or direction would be great!

Cheers!

L. Michael Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read below doc on what the gpu does and does not do as most stuff is done on the cpu:

CUDA, OpenCL, Mercury Playback Engine, and Adobe Premiere Pro | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very useful information but it doesn't answer my question. Premiere Pro CC CAN render using CUDA in real-time. See this YT post:

NVIDIA Quadro P6000 Editing 8K RED Camera RAW "Uncompressed" Video - YouTube

I have the same graphics card, but the app is still choosing to render using the processor, not the GPU...

Furthermore, the P6000 is found on Adobe's recommended graphics card list:

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Adobe recommends a specific NVidia driver (411.63) at the bottom of that web page. However, that driver won't install on the latest build of Windows 10 Pro for workstations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

411.63 is an old driver, 431.70 is the correct one.

What does the project settings/general say about the Video Rendering and Playback?

If it says MPE hardware what does your timeline consist of and what are your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Ann

is your link still relevant in any kind ?

It is marked as last updated in feb 2011 and referes only to CS versions which are totally other then the current ones.

Especially the different accelarations have been mainly renewed by a totally other mechanism and options .....

...or have I got a wrong link ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes old but still relevant for MPE which refers to the graphicscard.

Quick sync is a different ballgame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are standard and DCH driver versions.  This may be part of the issue.

I'd probably recommend a full un-install then reinstall of the Nvidia driver. This shouldn't be too hard to solve.

I'd start there and next step would be to consider calling support.

If you are still having problems after a clean install of the correct driver, please shoot me a PM.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! I did better, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro, installed the latest driver for the GPU (431.70 DCH) then all of the Windows updates.I'm coming from a FCP X workflow, so I'm fairly new to using PP 2019. Unless I'm incorrectly assuming how PP 2019 uses the GPU, I don't think its working. The GPU is always idle when rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the screenshot it is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video encoding/decoding on the GPU is at 0%. With 1.2 GB of memory usage and 9% total utilization. What am I not seeing? However, look at the CPU. The application is clearly utilizing the CPU to render the footage. When the rendering is complete, the CPU utilization drops to 0-5%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you performing scaling or adding GPU accelerated effects?

GPUs are not used to render everything in Premiere Pro.  If you scale footage and add several filters, this is a common scenario where you should see a big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Mercury engine to actually use the GPU to render in PP 2019?

Turn it on.  If it's on, it's being used where it can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines