• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere PRO 2022 freeze in preview and crashes explorer

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months ago i used Premiere pro 2020 on win 10 and it works great, after it i have install Windows 11, and from this moment i have met the problems, premiere pro started to crash, and freeze in work. Yesterday i have update it to 2022 version, and from this moment it start to freeze in first seconds of preview, and after i close it explorer freeze too. Today i delete Windows 11 and install windows 10, and problems with Premiere pro 2022 don't disappeared, even in new project, playing preview freeze the premiere, and freeze explorer after i close premiere. Today on my PC with Windows 11 installed only all updates, chipset, and LAN drivers, adobe creative cloud, photoshop, premiere 2022, and discord...

Configuration of my PC:

CPU - intel i9-10900

Motherboard - Gigabyte B460M-DS3H rev.1

RAM - 2x8Gb Samsung 2666Mhz

SSD - 1Tb Patriot Viper M2 NVME

GPU - integrated in CPU

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Then it's probably a GPU problem. Pr really needs a dedicated GPU card to run well. The integrated GPU on your CPU most likely doesn't even meet Premiere's minimum system requirements.

However, you may still be able to get Pr to work slowly. Try these settings:

2021-12-02_18-35-24.png

2021-12-02_18-32-10.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first step, try this:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Taskbar, Start Menu, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Alt keys.  Alt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why you think, that promblem in cache, then i post, that problem occur on new OS with just installed software? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because unless you did a clean install from a boot disk, there are a lot of user files that remain untouched by Windows installation processes. 

And if you keep all your data and project files on a separate physical drive or separate partition, then even a clean Windows installation won't remove your user files. Hence my suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to change Windows 11 to Windows 10 without clean install, and i did it, more of it, i write it in my post. Anyway i try to clean cache as you say, and it not work. Right now i restart my computer, then clean cache first time ( ALT+Shift+run programm ), then i create new project, and clean cache one more time from preferences, then i add video on timeline with sound, try to play it, and after few seconds playback and program freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's probably a GPU problem. Pr really needs a dedicated GPU card to run well. The integrated GPU on your CPU most likely doesn't even meet Premiere's minimum system requirements.

However, you may still be able to get Pr to work slowly. Try these settings:

2021-12-02_18-35-24.png

2021-12-02_18-32-10.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Premiere 2020 works fine with my integrated graphics, with same video files, and in "Hardware acceleration system requirements" there is "6th Generation (or later) Intel® Coreâ„¢ processors and Intel Graphics enabled" requiered. And what the difference betwen Intel HD650, and Intel iris Plus 650? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You right, with RX550 4Gb all works fine! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude, this was a lifesavor.  Much appreciated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines