• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2023 Preferences link

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro 2023 CC and I cannot find the Preferences tab where it's supposed to be. All the information I've read says to click on Premiero Pro tab and when the menu comes down Preferences is to be there. Well, it's not. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks 

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows it's under the "Edit" menu, should be the last option.

I map a hotkey to it, same hotkey for all my Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jmlevi35 @Provide a screenshot of the missing Edit line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now called "Settings" - should be under the Edit menu for PC and under the "Premiere Pro" menu item on mac.
you can also use Keyboard shortcuts Command+, (mac) or Control+, (pc)

Hope that helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still called "Preferences" on both PP 23.1 and AE 23.2, this is on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!? Its called Settings on a MAC, also version 23.1. I wonder why. And when you OPEN it, then its called "Preferences" hmmmm

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.12.52 PM.png

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... It's also on the top there and 'About' seems to be there also, for Win, that's on the Help menu. How about AE 23.2, maybe they are changing it, or it's just a Mac thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've written about this issue here: Settings or Preferences? 

There's been no acknowledgement or response from Adobe.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upvoted. It's always been Preferences till now.

?

I updated everything yesterday except PP which didn't have the 23.2 upgrade yet. I just checked all of them, and they are all Preferences

PP, AE, AU, PS, ME, BR, AI - PP23.1, AE23.2, Win11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they figured new users couldn't figure out what 'Preferences' mean?

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well yes, they have been trying to dumb down every applicaiton, add tutorials, tips etc. So this would make sense. What doesnt make sense is why they would change it on Mac but NOT on PC? And why they would change it on the menu, but not on the dialogue box. But ti could be a test to see how users like it? And maybe they kept "Preferences" on dialogue for a slow transition? I was lost for a second looking for my Preferences... then was like "What is this 'Settings' things!?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines