• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 - Locate File no longer supports Network Paths

Participant ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main Premiere system is crashing, so I've moved the project to another system.  Now I'm relinking files.

HOWEVER, the LOCATE FILE window no longer supports Network Drives or Network UNC paths.  I can relink files from the local disks, but I cannot get it to access the network drives.

In Windows Explorer the networked file servers are there and are accesible by clicking on them.  The files are there too.  It's just Premiere absolutely refuses to access the network.

Stop breaking Premiere!  It's not any better than CS6, which 99% of people were happy with - except the new Premiere has more problems and you're removing features.  If you donmm't want professionals to use it stop calling it Premiere PRO.

Simon - Yes My Lord Ltd.
Professional Freelance Editor of UK Television Programmes.
And owner of B2B Creative Agency.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a workaround: I unticked the the "Use media browser to relink files" option and I can now access the network files.

Simon - Yes My Lord Ltd.
Professional Freelance Editor of UK Television Programmes.
And owner of B2B Creative Agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines