• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 - Video exports at different frame size than sequence

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a video that's set to a custom frame size, the exported file always comes out at a different size then what was entered in the sequence settings.

For example, I set a sequence to create some Instagram Stories at 1080px X 1920px, but when I export at H.264 with Match Source to file is automatically resized to 981px X 1920px. I've never had this issue before in earlier versions of Premiere and feel like I'm just missing something simple when setting up the sequence for export.

Here's a few screens of the workflow and if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Premiere_1.pngPremiere_2.pngPremiere_3.png

Premiere_4.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

If your destination for the video is the web, you should not be working with a DV aspect ratio of .9, it should be a square aspect ratio. (I believe this is what is causing the player to display it at the 981 x1920 size).

You should also not be working with interlaced video, the Fields should be set to none.

And it is your choice, but the DV codec is an absolute bottom feeder codec. If it were me, I would create the work with the Preview format in either ProRes or CineForm, and then export the H.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your destination for the video is the web, you should not be working with a DV aspect ratio of .9, it should be a square aspect ratio. (I believe this is what is causing the player to display it at the 981 x1920 size).

You should also not be working with interlaced video, the Fields should be set to none.

And it is your choice, but the DV codec is an absolute bottom feeder codec. If it were me, I would create the work with the Preview format in either ProRes or CineForm, and then export the H.264 high bitrate deliverable from that.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your output exactly matches your sequence.  Whatever is reading the file as 981 is reporting it incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but did you figure it out?  Mine is doing the exact same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok so I changed the pixel aspect ratio to square pixel 1.0 and got it! Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines