Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.0.1

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!
I have the information that the 12.0.1 update is available.
My last update gave me a weeks long headache, and I feel that the program is not responding as good as it used to.
My question is: as anybody installed this version on a iMac? Is it running ok? ( mine is  late 2013 27", 3,2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8Gb 1600 MHz DDR3, with NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1GB, running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2).

Thank you all in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

I was facing a huge issue on Version 12, the larger my project file became, the longer it took me to import any type of file. This patch has fixed that problem for me; it was risky updating during an on going project, but everything is running smoothly now. The imports are immediate now, like they should be. The program seems more stable overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same question.

Running a Win 7 machine AMD FirePro W5100, 8 Core Intel Xeon E5 3,5 GHz, 32 GB Ram.

Any infos?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the update and now I'm trying to open a project that I've been working on the last couple of weeks. Opening it results in "serious error ... that requires Adobe Premiere Pro CC to shut down". I'm hoping downgrading back to 12.0.0 will resolve the issue.

As always, don't upgrade in the middle of a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's why I made this post.
The last update I made was a nightmare!
I solved it trough the chat with the Adobe support team. Had to change my playback settings to "Mercury engine playback only".
Talk with support first, just to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. If I try to open an existing project, Premiere Pro crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I did a reset of Premiere pro and was finally able to open a project I was working on before the update without a crash. However, I noticed a few of the VST 3 plugins I rely on very regularly were no longer working. They were listed, but there was a 'Not working' message next to them in the audio plug-in manager.

I tried to re-install the plugins to no avail. I don't have time to mess with this, so I went back to 12.0 (the initial 2018).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PP CC 12.0, Windows 10, Testing now by dumping several long clips with audio to check conforming, which is what was killing me.  Seems to be working fine, Memory usage seemed to stay around 30 - 40% (16 Gig)  and hasn't pegged at 100% and shut the machine down yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry installed 12.01  not 12.0 which I had uninstalled the first day I tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some plugins do not work properly. Some people needed to reinstall...check here:

Cannot Open Projects After Updating to 12.0.1

Make sure they are all in the correct folders and they are updated to the latest versions.

I installed 12.0.1 and all my troubles are gone. It seems to work faster as well with key shortcuts. Touch wood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stevenprobets​.

What machine/OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 27" running OS 10.13.2 (latest)

Intel i7 4GHz

32Gb RAM

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4Gb

The latest update has fixed a lot of serious problems and I have never had a problem with projects causing crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is a patch update, so no new hardware requirements. I would recommand updating as it fixes a few issues.

As always, I wanna stress out that it's not always a good idea to update a piece a software during a production. So unless you have been facing issues, if you're in the middle of the project I would wait until it's done.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yenaphe​.
I asked about the hardware and OS because my system had problems with the last updates, but some people using different systems had other problems or none at all.
I just want to make sure the bugs i have get fixed, instead of creating new problems.

Right now, my trust level on Adobe and Apple is getting really low.

Does anyone know how to call the adobe support team into this thread?
I'd really like the have an answer form them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was facing a huge issue on Version 12, the larger my project file became, the longer it took me to import any type of file. This patch has fixed that problem for me; it was risky updating during an on going project, but everything is running smoothly now. The imports are immediate now, like they should be. The program seems more stable overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yenaphe  wrote

The update is a patch update, so no new hardware requirements. I would recommand updating as it fixes a few issues.

As always, I wanna stress out that it's not always a good idea to update a piece a software during a production. So unless you have been facing issues, if you're in the middle of the project I would wait until it's done.

Hope this helps,

Seb

I get "Update Failed" when trying to update PP and AE, has anyone else had this issue? Clicking "more info" has not provided more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines