• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2020 crashes on Fast Forward

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to CC 2020, when I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, video starts lagging but audio keeps playing and Premiere hangs, and I get a ton of low-level exception occurred errors related to Adobe Player (Player:11).  I have to Force Quit after that as the application is not responding anymore once that happens.

I was running Mac OSX Mojave with these errors, so I upgraded to Catalina to see if that would help but it doesn't.  

This is with both AVCHD and Quicktime MOV's.  The only way to resolve this so far is to use the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only renderer mode instead of Metal or OpenCL.

Anyone else having this bug?

Low Level Exception fast forward bug.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me with h.264 MOV files only from one camera, other h.264 MOV files apear to still be ok. I'm still on Mojave, 10.14.6. didn't want to upgrade to Catalina and have Premiere issues.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere and Encoder, cleared the media cache but still no joy.

Using VLC's media information window the codec is "H.264 MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) acv1"

Playback of the file in VLC video is fine but audio is choppy/jittery. same file through quicktime plays back fine.

I'm running a 2018 Macbook Pro 15" 2.9GHz i7, 16GB and the Radeon Pro 560 4GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D,

What kind of footage are you working with? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4k, H.264 MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) acv1 MOV.
Files come from a JVC GY-HM180U

only these files have issues, every other file i have from Canon, Sony, Black Magic and DJI Drone cameras work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug. Can you please upvote here? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

Really sorry for this frustrating situation.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly this bug - Player:11, caused by using shuttle controls with CUDA enabled.

A live chat technician tells me it's a known issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INhceEOMJiE

That's a screencast of it happening to me on Windows 10 - latest version. Latest Premiere. Latest GPU drivers.

Yes, I can turn off CUDA (no realtime!)

Yes I can use an earlier version of Premiere (no backwards compatibility, so can't open my projects)

Here's one of the other threads about this bug:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/help-adobe-premiere-pro-cc-2020-error-a-low-level-except...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LFlegg,

What kind of GPU are you running? Does it have 2+ GB VRAM for HD or 6+ GB VRAM for 4K?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the GTX 980m with 8GB RAM. And all my footage is 1080p.
This error hasn't happened in any previous version of Premiere, on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're editing HD footage with an i7 iMac with the 8GB Radeon Pro 580 and 32GB of ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a bug. Please upvote here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

I'll also be advocating for this fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ian,

If your system is not meeting system requirements and you are editing H.264 or HEVC, my suggestion is that you either upgrade hardware or work with ProRes Proxy formatted proxies. Please try this and report back. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to live chat technician, it'll be fixed in early Dec update:

"By the first week of December, we will launch a new patches will be coming on which will fix the issue."

-ASHUTOSH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think that Ashutosh probably should not have made that promise. Engineering has its own set of schedules, which are subject to change and often does so, even at the last minute. That said, I'm sure the team will do its absolute best to get the fix out ASAP.

I would say this instead, engineering knows about the issue and is working on a fix. It should be available in an upcoming release of Premiere Pro.

I think the best thing we can do as a community is to upvote this bug: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

Unfortunately, the dev team simply can't promise when certain fixes or feature will be delivered. I'll speak with the agent about this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also experienced this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredibly sorry about this, Sam. As I just remarked, engineering knows about this bug and is getting out a fix ASAP.

Upvote here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39076387-bug-premiere-pro-2...

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still seems to be an issues as of Jan 2020. Anybody know of a workaround or update on the horizon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interested aswell.

Nothing works but restarting the project and ignoring the "L" Key. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix on this? It started happening to me about a week ago. I keep getting flash player exceptions. Need halp! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version are you on? I no longer have this issue, I'm on 14.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh good to know!

Just checked, i'm currently running on 14.0.1 - but working on a project so didnt update yet.

Maybe it's solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beleive it is, at least for me. try updating when you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated - seems not to work for me. If I play in 8times fast forward and get back to normal playback I got stuttering pictures (even ghosting random other scenes into it) and an audio async.

Figured out that leaving the window and starting playback with spacebar seems to be a workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, although to me that sounds like your machine couldn't keep up with the data access requirements and now it's out of sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad News for a good equipped XPS15 i guess. But sounds like this.

Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have this same bug.  I've had it for about six months.  I thought updating to the latest Premiere (14.3) might fix it.  But no, Adobe can't even get it together.  You'd think with all those people paying all that money they could actually make software that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines