• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC locks up when trying to change file name

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm on the latest version of PPCC and I'm having trouble when I try to render a sequence.

When I go to the rendering options window and click on the filename to change the filename and the export location, Premiere Pro just hangs. I get an infinitely spinning circle of death (Windows 10's version of the beachball of death). I can't even close Premiere and restart - i have to totally reboot my machine.

I get this with any project / sequence. Sometimes I can get it to stop when I disconnect my external USB 3.0 drives, but that's a no go because that's where all my footage is. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm on a Windows 10 MSI laptop, i7, 16 GB RAM, GTX 880M with the latest drivers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay so for anyone who might be having this problem on Windows. There's a file, grooveex.dll, that you need to delete. It's part of Microsoft OneDrive. This file apparently causes shitfits for Premiere, even crashing the system when you're browsing for LUTs. Delete that file (you don't need it if you don't run OneDrive) and you'll be golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines