• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Support for Sony's XAVC S (not XAVC)

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this asked in various places however nobody from Adobe has addressed the issue so the result is a bunch of speculation from other users.  Could someone from Adobe PLEASE tell us if there are plans to support Sony's XACV S codec in Premiere Pro CC and if so when we can expect to see this support added.  Sony's had a couple of really great 4k camera's available for some time now however if there's not going to be support for the codec there's really no point to buying one.  I really want to start adjusting my workflow to support 4K but I can't really begin to do that without knowing if or when Adobe will support XAVC S.  An answer from someone at Adobe would be greatly appreciated or if other users have an info I'll take whatever I can get.  Thanks!

-Chuck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Hi Chuck,

I really want to start adjusting my workflow to support 4K but I can't really begin to do that without knowing if or when Adobe will support XAVC S.  An answer from someone at Adobe would be greatly appreciated or if other users have an info I'll take whatever I can get. 

Support for XAVC-S was added in Premiere Pro CC.1 (7.1). Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in FCPx..which I kinda hate.  I love the fact that Adobe ignores you

I was on a trial of Premiere and this post showed me all I have to know about Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple get a Blackmagic intensity pro 4k card and take advantage of the software. You need that card to enjoy your CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did anyone from Adobe every respond to this? I have creative cloud 8.0 and work with a Sony z100 in HD and 4k i have playback issues but can work with these files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will SHOCK you, but no.  Not a god damn reply.  I've moved onto FCPX.  to hell w Premiere.  This is a great example of a company that once they get your money, don't give a crap about you.

FKem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Premiere for a while with XAVCs files from my Sony A7s. No issues to report so far. Sometimes you just gotta try it to know. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tommy,

tommyjojo wrote:

This will SHOCK you, but no.  Not a god damn reply.  I've moved onto FCPX.  to hell w Premiere.  This is a great example of a company that once they get your money, don't give a crap about you.

FKem

Sorry I didn't get to your post in time. It gets busy around here sometimes. If you want to try Premiere Pro again, XAVC files are supported.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Just wanted join in to this conversation. As a subscriber and user - NOT using PremPro CS6 but the very latest CC2015, there is zero

preset for XAVC S.

We are starting to move onto Sony cams from Canon DSLRs and would like a preset for the files we use most often.

I have read through this thread and see you appear to be getting upset and irate at people's insistence (especially Yaonie)that PremPro cannot handle the files.

Am guessing you are not an editor as you would then know the specific difference from XAVC S to AVCHD.

As of today THERE IS NO SUCH preset. Yes it can handle the files (XAVC S). But without a dedicated preset.

Please don't treat those on the forum as fools. Thanks. A positive, factual and constructive answer is what is required. Adobe presets.JPG

Regards,

William Vaughan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ...

Maybe you can eidt in some other editing tools, or in other ways, if you said you are used to working with Premiere Pro CC

Why not get a HD video converter to have try? something especially for XDVC, also with the High quaity.

you can google the keywords as 'XAVC to Premiere converter'. you won't miss it!

Good luck with you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi YaoNie,

Please don't spam the forum with stuff like this. Premiere works fine with XAVC footage natively.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH come on he is asking

XAVC S (not XAVC)

You just ignore it? or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Super,

OH come on he is asking XAVC-S

Support for XAVC-S was added in Premiere Pro CC.1 (7.1).

You just ignore it? or what?

Sorry, I can't get back to every single post right away, though I try. Hopefully, this info will help others having the issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin-Monahan,

I see that Premiere Pro CC 2015 supports Sony's XAVC-S for import and native editing.  However when I attempt to use the "match sequence" option when exporting there is no option to do so.   After a few hours of research on-line the best thing I can come up with is that this export option is "under development"  Do you have an ETA on when users will be able to utilize the "match sequence" option when exporting Sony's XAVC-S?  (Not XAVC).  Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

-Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

I see that Premiere Pro CC 2015 supports Sony's XAVC-S for import and native editing.  However when I attempt to use the "match sequence" option when exporting there is no option to do so.

When using match source settings, you should be provided with MXF-Op1a presets, which is the standard set of presets you'll get for all AVC footage. If you expected to have XAVC-S as the export codec, it won't be there as XAVC-S is primarily an acquisition format. I'm not sure where you read about what is "under development" here at Adobe. However, if you point me to that link, I would be happy to try and help clarify the statement.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

Hi Chuck,

I see that Premiere Pro CC 2015 supports Sony's XAVC-S for import and native editing.  However when I attempt to use the "match sequence" option when exporting there is no option to do so.

When using match source settings, you should be provided with MXF-Op1a presets, which is the standard set of presets you'll get for all AVC footage. If you expected to have XAVC-S as the export codec, it won't be there as XAVC-S is primarily an acquisition format. I'm not sure where you read about what is "under development" here at Adobe. However, if you point me to that link, I would be happy to try and help clarify the statement.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I can't seem to find anything here at the Adobe site regrading export of XAVC-S in Premiere Pro CC 2015 but I could have sworn I saw it here somewhere a few days ago.  That being said, I did find on the Sony site that (SONY | eSupport - What software can be used for importing and exporting XAVC S content?) export of XAVC S for Premiere Pro CC is "under development".  Now I understand this is what Sony is saying (now Adobe) however I'm quite sure they're not making this claim without some sort of collaboration with programmers at Adobe.  Could you please look into this issue a little deeper and see if there's an explanation for why you believe there won't be a "match sequence" export button for XAVC S in Premiere Pro while Sony claims that this is currently under development.  Thank you for your time to address this question.

Best Regards,

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck69 wrote:

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

Hi Chuck,

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I can't seem to find anything here at the Adobe site regrading export of XAVC-S in Premiere Pro CC 2015 but I could have sworn I saw it here somewhere a few days ago.  That being said, I did find on the Sony site that (SONY | eSupport - What software can be used for importing and exporting XAVC S content?) export of XAVC S for Premiere Pro CC is "under development".  Now I understand this is what Sony is saying (now Adobe) however I'm quite sure they're not making this claim without some sort of collaboration with programmers at Adobe.  Could you please look into this issue a little deeper and see if there's an explanation for why you believe there won't be a "match sequence" export button for XAVC S in Premiere Pro while Sony claims that this is currently under development.  Thank you for your time to address this question.

Best Regards,

Chuck

Hello Kevin,

Just bumping this thread to see if I can get an answer on why you believe there is no "XAVC-S" match sequence export option (nor will there be) in Premiere Pro CC 2015 when the link I posted from Sony states that it is "under development"?  I'd really like to see a native match sequence export option as I'm sure a lot of others would as well.  At the very least could you please clear up why Adobe and Sony have conflicting responses regarding this issue.  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Just bumping this thread to see if I can get an answer on why you believe there is no "XAVC-S" match sequence export option (nor will there be) in Premiere Pro CC 2015 when the link I posted from Sony states that it is "under development"?

There is no XAVC-S match sequence export option, as is the case with a number of acquisition formats. As I mentioned earlier, you might try using one of the MXF-OP1a presets. Since you would like to see this feature in the future, please file a feature request here: http://adobe.ly/feature_request The more requests we have, the more likely we'll see it as a feature in an upcoming release. Please urge others you know to file a similar request.

We are in contact with Sony on this issue, however, I cannot make specific announcements or speak about our upcoming plans. Therefore, giving you an ETA on that workflow is not possible. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Just bumping this thread to see if I can get an answer on why you believe there is no "XAVC-S" match sequence export option (nor will there be) in Premiere Pro CC 2015 when the link I posted from Sony states that it is "under development"?

There is no XAVC-S match sequence export option, as is the case with a number of acquisition formats. As I mentioned earlier, you might try using one of the MXF-OP1a presets. Since you would like to see this feature in the future, please file a feature request here: http://adobe.ly/feature_request The more requests we have, the more likely we'll see it as a feature in an upcoming release. Please urge others you know to file a similar request.

We are in contact with Sony on this issue, however, I cannot make specific announcements or speak about our upcoming plans. Therefore, giving you an ETA on that workflow is not possible. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I just posted the following feature request to the link you posted: 

"How would you like the feature to work?

Just as the other "Match Sequence" options work. I'd like to export a completely native file using XAVC-S rather than trying to get "close enough" with one of the MXF-Op1a preset transcodes.

Why is this feature important to you?

I want to have the ability to export using the exact format that was imported into the project (XAVC-S) rather than transcoding it and trying to match it as closely as possible using the current options that exist in Premiere Pro.

Your consideration of this request is greatly appreciated and I hope this is something that is currently being worked on or is at least in the pipe-line as XAVC-S is becoming very popular with all the consumer, prosumer, and pro cameras being put out by Sony using this CODEC.  Thank You!"

Best Regards,

Charles Campfield

I see that there are over 8,300 views to this thread indicating to me that there are a lot of others also wondering about this feature.  Anyone wanting to have a "Match Sequence" export option for XAVC-S please feel free to cut and paste my request above to the link Kevin posted: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Having a backup copy of a project using the exact settings of the original file is imperative to any video editor. With all these new Sony cameras out on the market and more on the way, anyone shooting with a Sony is going to want this feature.  If you don't ask for it, we won't see it, so please do us all a favor and take a few minutes to click the link and request the feature be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I just posted the following feature request to the link you posted:

Excellent. Thanks!

I see that there are over 8,300 views to this thread indicating to me that there are a lot of others also wondering about this feature.  Anyone wanting to have a "Match Sequence" export option for XAVC-S please feel free to cut and paste my request above to the link Kevin posted: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Good idea. Thanks for suggesting that.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few months.. So I was wondering if anything has come of this? 

I am interested in an export option for the "S" format as well.  

Any updates on this?   With the new A7sII coming out really soon I would image people would want this even more.

Thanks

Ryan G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do support XAVC, but finally , I just turned to the FCPX. Both are great edit software, and to choose which is better for yourself is all about the personal favour. I am not deny that Premiere is a good editor .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

I really want to start adjusting my workflow to support 4K but I can't really begin to do that without knowing if or when Adobe will support XAVC S.  An answer from someone at Adobe would be greatly appreciated or if other users have an info I'll take whatever I can get. 

Support for XAVC-S was added in Premiere Pro CC.1 (7.1). Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

Now the real question. Do you support XAVC-I??

I have Premiere pro 6.0 installed and not the CC version, but I have paid a lot of Money for my 6.0 version and there is no upgrades for the XAVC-I codec..

Is it really true that I then have to edit my 4K in SONY VEGAS 13 because you are not supporting it??

Just tell me if there will be an update for my 6.0 pro version or not??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krister,

Now the real question. Do you support XAVC-I??

In Premiere Pro CC 2014 we do.

I have Premiere pro 6.0 installed and not the CC version, but I have paid a lot of Money for my 6.0 version and there is no upgrades for the XAVC-I codec.

We have stated many times that there will be no more development for Premiere Pro CS6. Sorry. You can check into a third party plug-in, though.

Is it really true that I then have to edit my 4K in SONY VEGAS 13 because you are not supporting it??

You can edit with whatever you wish. As I said, you may want to look into a third party plug in that may help with this if you want to stay in Premiere Pro.

Just tell me if there will be an update for my 6.0 pro version or not??

Sorry, no.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Worked ok for me until your last two updates (latest is CC 2017). Now I get red blocks instead of my footage. Filming on Sony FDR AX1, 4K, Xavc-s.

How do I get it to work again? I can see, that Adobe have had this problem since 2006 with different updates and different AVC-formats.

Yours

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines