• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC wont quit

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running a brand new Creative Cloud install on a Windows 7 machine...

Every time I run Premiere Pro CC and then close the program, it "appears" to have closed. However when I try to run it again it won't launch a second time. When I bring up the Task Manager, Premiere doesn't show as running in the "Applications" tab, but it does show up in the "Processes" tab... and it's hogging down a ton of memory.

So, I have to force the process to terminate, then I can launch Premiere again. But, as soon as I exit Premiere, the problem is right back again. Pretty frustrating to have to bring up the task manager and kill a process every time you want to exit a program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it actually worked for me on premiere 2024, thanks!

my preferences are still the same for some reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the "me too" who's been living with this problem since at least the 2015 CC releases, on the Windows side, and having to abort the lingering PPro thread in Task Manager. Looks like it affects Mac and Windows OS users the same (I have Win 10).  One thing I've noted in the crash logs (e.g., "{drive}:\Users{username}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\10.0\logs\Adobe Premiere Pro_2016-08-13_145119_{PCName}.crash") are these annotations of in-memory corruption and address pointer hangup, which occur repeatedly when the PPro process hangs after closure.  I don't know what Video Filter Host is, but Universe Blur  is a Red Giant plug-in.  That's not necessarily the cause of the problem, but is anyone else seeing this in their crash logs?  I boldfaced the annotations. The logs are very long. My GPU is an nVidia GTX 970, but I've had this problem with other cards.

Process:                Adobe Premiere Pro.exe [22964]

Path:                   C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Product Version:        10.4.0.30

File Version:           10.4.0.30

Code Type:              x64

Parent Process:         explorer.exe [21108]

Date/Time:              2016-08-13 14:51:19 Eastern Daylight Time

OS Version:             10.0.10586.0

Report ID:              8d2777c7-2d6b-4144-972f-4f1c6ccc065c

Crashed thread:         0 [19244] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code:         0xc0000374

Exception Parameters:   0xce8c22b0

Exception Message:      3221226356 A heap has been corrupted.

Application Specific Information:

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Thread 0 Crashed: [19244] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

0 ntdll               0x00000000ce825c34 ? ZwWaitForMultipleObjects + 20

1 ntdll               0x00000000ce850d50 ? RtlReportException + 1424

2 ntdll               0x00000000ce850883 ? RtlReportException + 195

3 ntdll               0x00000000ce86e752 ? RtlpNtMakeTemporaryKey + 450

4 ntdll               0x00000000ce815b26 ? _C_specific_handler + 150

5 ntdll               0x00000000ce824c52 ? RtlRaiseStatus + 450

6 ntdll               0x00000000ce829afd ? _chkstk + 253

7 ntdll               0x00000000ce7b4fe9 ? RtlImageNtHeaderEx + 1209

8 ntdll               0x00000000ce7b6c94 ? RtlRaiseException + 804

9 ntdll               0x00000000ce86e6fc ? RtlpNtMakeTemporaryKey + 364

10 ntdll               0x00000000ce870dba ? RtlpNtMakeTemporaryKey + 10282

11 ntdll               0x00000000ce824baa ? RtlRaiseStatus + 282

12 ntdll               0x00000000ce7a08db ? RtlFreeHeap + 283

13 Gpu_Shader_Engine_x64 0x00000000952e3aa8 ? wasLinkDialog + 2516568

14 Gpu_Shader_Engine_x64 0x000000009503fce8 ? RetrieveTempFilename + 3013496

15 Gpu_Shader_Engine_x64 0x0000000095078b90 ? RetrieveTempFilename + 3246624

16 Gpu_Shader_Engine_x64 0x000000009507cbbb ? teardownGpuShaderContext + 59

17 Universe_Blur_Blur_AE_Fx 0x0000000093750479 ? Unknown - (Symbols generated from a DLL export table) [  Error:487 Attempt to access invalid address. ]

18 Universe_Blur_Blur_AE_Fx 0x000000009374abcd ? Unknown - (Symbols generated from a DLL export table) [  Error:487 Attempt to access invalid address. ]

19 Universe_Blur_Blur_AE_Fx 0x00000000937578b5 ? EntryPointFunc + 133

20 VideoFilterHost     0x000000000bd502e7 ? Unknown - (Symbols generated from a DLL export table) [  Error:487 Attempt to access invalid address. ]

21 VideoFilterHost     0x000000000bd50a9c ? Unknown - (Symbols generated from a DLL export table) [  Error:487 Attempt to access invalid address. ]

22 VideoFilterHost     0x000000000bd8bac2 ? Unknown - (Symbols generated from a DLL export table) [  Error:487 Attempt to access invalid address. ]

23 VideoFilterHost     0x000000000bd8bbc4 ? Unknown - (Symbols generated from a DLL export table) [  Error:487 Attempt to access invalid address. ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same set of problems. Now it's preventing me from editing a feature film. Very bad. Project freezes on certain actions--getting worse. First would not close properly--the "source" playback window is still visible sometimes, sometimes not. When I force quit, the Finder is all strange looking. Then is began to not play back video when I would try to edit certain sequences--GH4 footage I had previously edited. All video would suddenly not appear from all sequences. Sometimes audio would play. I dragged my dozens of sequences into a new project, major pain. Problem not solved. I took about 1/2 the stuff out of the project in case it was too big. Problem not solved. I reinstalled Premier Pro, problem partially solved I was able to edit but still not closing properly. But then when I tried to record narration the play function stopped working. Then the video stopped showing up. I went to the library/preferences and deleted the premier file. Problem not solved. I dread contacting customer service last time it took forever and we got nowhere. I hope Adobe or someone can quickly provide some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum to my previous post. Here is the strange looking way this issue affects the Force Quit. I am on a new maxed out iMac running 10.11.6. I fear there is some issue between Premier Pro and the OS.

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 10.45.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a similar problem. In addition to the application running in the background after closing, the preview screen would be black. I cannot recall what I did to fix it the first time but the second time it happened I did this and it seems to work fine:

Missing msvcp110.dll on Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps others who have premier issues.

Edit: Scratch that. It worked once but that was it. Premier Pro CC is back to being useless. I will continue to bang my head against the internet to try and solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, but I think this has something to do with the program monitor not being "freed" when PP shuts down. Are you running an extra monitor with Mercury Transmit? When it happens to me I have noticed that monitor has not reverted back to the normal desktop. Maybe not the cause but a symptom? Dunno.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. When I unplugged my extra monitor from the laptop everything worked fine. No black screen and PP shut down normally. I can drag Premiere Pro from the laptop screen to the other monitor and everything works fine. However if PP opens up on the extra monitor I get a black screen on the preview and the program will not shut down properly.

Thanks a bunch you have just put me back in business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem some time ago. Found out it was third party hardware/software that interfered . In my case it was Matrox hardware and software. See if you have some add-ons that may be interfering. Disable one at a time  and see if any difference occurs. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing this issue, among others with CC apps, today too.  It started with Media Encoder CC 2015.3 not opening which I eventually solved.  Then Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 wouldn't display video in my program monitor or playback and it seemed like I had gotten around this.  Now the PP is back to freezing (not a new thing - serious error occurred) and this time it won't allow me to open it because it won't allow me to force quit.  Is a hard restart really the only solution for this?  Adobe has got to get this fixed along with the other CC 2015.3 bugs like the .MTS file load/processing issue.  They are dragging the production of my editor team down, which does not go over well with the major sports entity that I work for.  In this case the system specs are:

Premiere Pro CC (2015.3) Version 10.4.0

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 32GB ram 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC, 2.7 GHz 12-core Intel Xeon E5.

I would love to hear any and all suggestions on temporary fixes and workarounds until Adobe can fix this.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.

It launches and says the media is all loaded, but still beats my media RAID for several minutes after that before it displays images in the app.  (How can all the media be loaded but not displayed?)

Then it seems to play fine.

Then it stops working (might be an hour, might be 4 hours later) ā€“  won't play picture or audio or both.

It seems to save just fine.

Then it won't quit.

2015.3 (10.4.0)

Mac Pro Late 2013 - El Capitan 10.11.5, 64GB RAM, AMD D700, 3GHz 8-Core

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I was having the same problem with Premiere version 12.1.2 closing from processes using Windows 7

Found a work around the main application launcher but not a direct fix to the problem. From what I gather the problem lies with the welcome screen when launching Premiere from the main application.

The Work Around:

Launch Premiere from the main application and then save a default project (or any other name) to your desktop. Then always use that default project to launch Premiere and you will avoid the welcome screen. As long as you can avoid the welcome screen the program should close without a problem.  Hope this helps and its actually more convenient to launch without a welcome screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've discovered about this issue and how I resolve it.

My symptoms were a blank video preview screen, memory quirks, and the app, after closing, would remain open in the background processes eating up resources and preventing the app from reopening.

After a day of pulling my hair out I figured something out that works for me and maybe it will for you too! I use a pc laptop and connect a 2nd monitor. For me, I've discovered the problem only occurs when I load a project onto my 2nd monitor (the one connected via hdmi to my laptop). The solution, for me, is to load the project on the laptop's main screen and then drag it over to your 2nd monitor.

FYI - I'm using a GTX 1060 graphics card and thought it may be the problem but was able to replicate the problem with the GTX 1060 disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still persists with Premiere 2021 on Windows 10. Tried all the suggestions here (open on primary monitor, remove cache files, etc.), still the same situation where you have to invoke Task Manager to close Premiere. Would be great to see an actual fix/response here from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, it's been like this in certain projects on various versions over the years.  We notice it's when the blue bar in the right side that does the *.pek files never goes away.  I have no idea how to fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines