Pretty much I can't use the export function within Premiere Pro without it freezing when I choose the name and file location of the video. I use media encoder in the mean time but I'm keen to try fix this problem if possible.
We’re so sorry to hear about the freeze issue. Please share more info for investigation:
1. What are the system specs(OS, RAM, GPU, CPU)?
2. Are you logged in as an administrator?
3. What is the destination location of the export?
4. What is the exact dot version of the app?
1. Windows 10, 16GB, GTX1080, i7-7700K
3. The default is a previous project folder on a 2TB HDD but won't let me change anything because premiere freezes the moment the window opens. Only a few folder/file icons load. Can't click on anything to close other than task manager.
Try resetting the preferences:
If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
- Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.
Resetting the workspaces solved it! Thanks!
I have done all of these things and cleared the media cache and nothing works. It freezes as soon as I select export. It also doesn't work when I go through media encoder.
Copy link to clipboard
I have tried all suggestions and it is still freezing.