• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro freezing on "Save as" and "Save a copy"

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title says it all. Just built a new pc and got the subscription now when I open my old project files(these were also on premiere pro cc but older version) and try to save them as with a different name the program just freezes. I've given it time and even deleted everything from project leaving only the sequence with no other files in project. Still freezes, any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

I can confirm like others, that it has to do something with Windows Defender. Tried it off and on. Then I got the window with "allow make changes to Adobe Premniere" and since that it works. Hope that helps somebody. Sorry for English.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening quite a bit on I think it was 13.0, and has been fixed for most users. Apparently, not all, shall we agree?

Yea ... post this over on the bug/features system ...

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

All posts there go direct to the engineer's systems and collated to the upper managers that decide budgets. Adobe runs on metrics ... let's give 'em some.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hang lasted three minutes for me, but it's non-reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have never experienced this problem until today. Just had an automatic aupdate to the CC package and now the Save As freezes everything. Also having a weird issue where ever now and then the timeline plays everything at twice the speed. Do not know if the issues are related, but did not have either of these issues until the update that Adobe installed today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November of 2019 and this problem is still happening. It's been happening to me for the last 2 weeks on multiple versions of PP on multiple PCs running different builds of Windows. I cannot export my project. So now what do I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening to me as well (on latest update). I've seen it happen when I try to "save as" a project with a lot of stuff in it. When I open a new project, then save it, then import all the stuff, then use quick "save" and it don't freeze. It is still very annoying when you need to "split" (have different versions) your project into several files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with the latest Premiere Pro and the same a few months ago.

It has nothing to do with firewall (firewall is not blocking PP).

Also there is no issue with the harddrive.

For this project, it worked 5 times and then for the last "save as" when the movie was finished it froze.

It is literally insane that this is still happening years after the issue was reported.

Am I supposed to re-do my work everytime I work with Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peculiar thing happened. I left it stuck for about 40min and then, finally, the "save as" window popped up alowing me to save the project. Luckily then, it was not lost, this time, but I really want to prevent this from happening as I already lost work with this bug before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Frustrating New Year!  This ridiculous bug is still alive and making my life miserable in the middle of a deadline.  "Save as" or "Save as Copy" for projects freezes my Windows 10 Laptop.  The only way out is the three-finger salute.  There really is no excuse for this program's meltdown when saving 39k of project data...something it has been proven to capable of on auto-save (thank goodness that works - but maybe tomorrow?)  And no, the paying customer shouldn't have to drill through knowledge bases and online forums because of the failure of an essential, fundamental action,  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is a bug like this even possible?  

Save....

As.......

Is everyone ready to abandon Adobe yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is happening to me today, let me tell you what seemed to help.  Oddly, if I close the program monitor before trying to "save as" it works ok.

(Premiere 22  build 169,  Windows 10, 32gb ram, Gtx980ti)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

Happy to report that we haven't seen this bug yet in 22.1.2. Please create a thread here if you are still hitting this one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have issues with Premiere Pro (v 22.5.0; Build 62) crashing while attempting to import files into a project, as well as when attempting to SAVE a project. I notice this problem has been discussed here since 2017! C'mon, Adobe--get it together. (Advice on switching to and from the Mercury Playback Engine vs the CUDA option matters not; this stinking software fails in exactly the same way, regardless of this setting!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a common problem at this time, and tends to be very specifically based on the user's gear, some OS settings, and at times other software such as 'mirror' things as well as antivirus.

So ... it can be a number of things, all tending to be very local to each machine. And because of that takes some rather annoying time to test various things. I wish there was a quick fix, but from participating here for quite some time, that's ... probably the situation you're having.

The first thing to try with something like this is with all projects closed, dump all cache files. Then relaunch Premiere, and give it a couple minutes to rebuild as needed. This actually knocks out an array of issues.

Next is of course the ol' Trash Preferences, which also can fix a number of oddities.

Past that ... there's checking for say sound drivers and "helper files" installed by some sound cards. Or if you have either MS OneDrive in Windows or a couple other things in PCs and Macs where your local files are routinely 'synced' to the cloud. As those apps can cause issues.

Hope it's something easy like dumping the cache files ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started with 2 of our 3 editors using PP on Win 10.  Those two are fully up-to-date on Adobe and Windows updates, wheras the one editor who isn't having the problems is an itteration back on PP.  This issue arose within the past few weeks and is intermittent but basically now delilitating to their workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would assume you've deleted all cache files on those machines with no projects open?

And this is doing this on all projects, even new ones they start on those machines?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines