• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Productions Froze and created a duplicate id

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a series with about 5 eps. I'm currently working on the first ep and midway through editing, premiere crashed and when I started editing, it created a copy of that original premiere file, and now every time I hit save, it gives me an error on the bottom right-hand side

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 3.17.41 PM.png

Is this ok? Its saving, but I'm not sure if its getting more messed up the longer I keep editing?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

@Bruce Bullis can probably give better advice ... but from my experience, exit Premiere first. Then you go to that location, see what is listed as 'duplicate' ... and you can check out the project files. See which is the correct at this time, rename the other and then move it out of the Productions folder. (This is a failsafe measure.)

Relaunch Premiere, go into the Production, and see to it that the materials of that project are working normally. If so, you can now delete the moved project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

@R Neil Haugen is correct! Each project file has an ID inside it (you can't see it), and Productions uses that ID to track clips as they are edited around the  Production. Because of that, it's important that within a given Production, no two projects have the same ID. If they do, you'll get this error letting you know. As described in the screenshot, Premiere Pro puts a text file in the Production folder that you can open up to see which projects have the same ID. All you need to do is pick one

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bruce Bullis can probably give better advice ... but from my experience, exit Premiere first. Then you go to that location, see what is listed as 'duplicate' ... and you can check out the project files. See which is the correct at this time, rename the other and then move it out of the Productions folder. (This is a failsafe measure.)

Relaunch Premiere, go into the Production, and see to it that the materials of that project are working normally. If so, you can now delete the moved project.

If it's not working correctly, exit Premiere. Swap the moved project file in, move the 'in' one out.

Relaunch Premiere, and check again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@R Neil Haugen is correct! Each project file has an ID inside it (you can't see it), and Productions uses that ID to track clips as they are edited around the  Production. Because of that, it's important that within a given Production, no two projects have the same ID. If they do, you'll get this error letting you know. As described in the screenshot, Premiere Pro puts a text file in the Production folder that you can open up to see which projects have the same ID. All you need to do is pick one to keep and one to remove. You can use the Trash button in the Production panel to put one of the projects in the trash, which will also stop the error from happening, as Premiere Pro ignores any duplicates in the Trash folder of the Production.

When it crashes, Premiere Pro can often save a recovery project right next to the original in case there were any unsaved changes. In this case, the original and recovery project have the same ID and so they get you in this situation. Nothing to worry about, just decide which one to keep and put the other in the Trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines