• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro project has a blank timeline

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open the PPro CC project I saved yesterday.  Everything is there except the timeline is empty.  I know this has something to do with sequences, but over all the years I have worked with PPro, I still can't seem to figure them out!  The Auto-Save version that was saved shortly before I closed opens just fine, but I want to access my last save.  I know there is a simple fix to this.  Can someone tell me what it is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

OK.  Thank you again.  I figured it out.  You have to look for the first clip in the video, find the entry in the project panel for that clip that has a green icon with parallel lines (the sequence icon), and then double click on that.  Then the timeline opens.  Why do they make it so complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the sequence in the Project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I tried to do that, but among the hundred or so entries in the project panel the word "sequence" does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequence/timeline might have a different name...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can name them to any word, so look out for the icon instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Thank you again.  I figured it out.  You have to look for the first clip in the video, find the entry in the project panel for that clip that has a green icon with parallel lines (the sequence icon), and then double click on that.  Then the timeline opens.  Why do they make it so complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do they make it so complicated?

Just finding the sequence in the Project panel is sufficient enough to open it so it is pretty straight forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any easier way to do that? I mean on my laptop when I am opening project it appears on the timeline but on my PC I have to click that green icon to bring the project on the timeline. It's really time consuming and unnecessery...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Restore sequence.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines