Premiere Productions takes ages to copy sequences and/or bits of sequences

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. My team and I are working on a four chapter documentary series with loads of media (35+ two hour long interviews, b-roll, drones, archival footage, re-enactments... with two main editors and an assistant). Using Premiere Productions was the wisest choice. Nevertheless, sometimes and almost randomly some sequences and bits of sequences take AGES to copy from one project to another inside the production. I have checked with our internet provider and the connection is good. Also, our cloud storage (Lucid Link) is working fine. It seems to be a problem with Premiere. Is there any way of speeding things up? Sometimes it is just unbearable to wait for 15+ minutes to copy and then 15 more to paste a few clips or a sequence. Any help would be much appreciated.  Warm regards!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this here ... but maybe @Bruce Bullis could give a look?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you only see this behavior, when copying/pasting sequences between projects within a Production? Or have you seen it with stand-alone projects, as well?

Do you see similar behavior with entirely local projects? I ask because, even if LucidLink is working fine, it can take Some Time™ to download-then-coalesce files into a useful state. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines