• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere runs out of memory (32gb) and closes whenever I run Encoder

Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I am puzzled how with this much RAM that Premiere will run out of memory and ask to save and close. Yes I am running other things in the background, while this is all going on, mainly Chrome and Thunderbird email client,  but how the hell is Premiere sucking up even half that amount of RAM just sitting idle while Encoder works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to remember reading a post somewhere about Google Chrome browser causing issues with Premiere Pro but for the life of me, I can't find it. It said something about a memory leak of some sort. I'm not saying Chrome is what is causing your problem. But you might try quitting Chrome and restarting your machine. After it restarts don't open Chrome but try Premiere Pro and see if your results are different. Worth a try at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Verify that in Preferences / Memory of Pr you do not have more than a third of your total RAM to the applications of the system. The idea is that Adobe applications have at least 2 thirds of the total of your RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines