• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not working on premiere pro when using a second monitor

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now is about one month I got a new monitor but there is no way to make it work with premiere pro..I am using it for Lightroom and Photoshop with no issues.

I want to point out that premiere is working fine with my notebook without the second monitor attached and working in extended mode. I am currently trying with premiere 2020 14.0 version, where I had the worst results with no preview showing and audio not working.

With the version 13.1.5 slight improvements, I can hear the audio but the video preview won't work..I'm pretty desperate at this point and didn't find a way to make it work

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to make a wild guess that you're on Windows and you have Monitor Scaling enabled. Only use 100% Monitor Scaling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I disabled it but still not working,..anything else I should try to do?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To troubleshoot I'd deactivate the audio for a minute and maybe focus on the video first.

In the window below; does the monitor resolution you have ticked for mercury transmit comply with the max. res.

of your monitor?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cattura.PNG

Here's a capture of my current options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same error. After several weeks of frustration:

The fix: Go into msconfig and disable "Nahimic service" to keep it from running and no more crashes!

The realtek audio driver messes things up. After this all kind of troubles went away, like 

VLC and Chrome browser took ages to start. Without "Nahimic service" everything wet back to normal.

Go figure.

/Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice, Markus. Thank you.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines