• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with Premiere Pro CS5 project files bloating

Explorer ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had the same problem that we're experiencing? - we have Production Premium CS5 installed on a machine with Win 7 Pro x64. We have three separate edits all of which are experiencing bloating of the .prproj project file. Often this bloating seems to occur when no importing of assets has occured, just changes in the edits. A project which started at 5mb has bloated to 1.5GB and we can no longer save it. Another project has bloated to 200mb and continues to grow in size. We have not brought in any weird assets, although we are using hi-def footage.

We upgrade from CS3 and never had this problem using Premiere CS3.

We can't fix the problem by 'remove unused footage' as this doesn't reduce the project size, although it does remove the unused footage.

We can't fix it by importing the project into a new clean project as the problem and huge file size just comes with

We can't fix it by using the project manager to collect up the project as it requires to save before collecting and the problem files can't be saved.

A couple of points to note - these projects were originally on Premiere CS3 and were upgraded to CS5. The footage is either Sony EX3 or Canon 5D - both HD.

The machine it's running on has 8gb of RAM.

Currently the projects I'm working on are gradually grinding to a hold with no way to make the files usable again.

Any suggestions are greatfully recieved as I'm at a loss. I've reported this to Adobe, and will report back if I get anything useful.

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 155 Replies 155
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we get more info please?

Also, are you using the Warp Stabilizer effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are editing a project with 61 gb of footage and 50 sequences that are about 3 minutes long each.  We are not using warp stablizer or any other effects.  We are using a iMac 3.4ghz i7 with 8gb of ram 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about 4 hours project file starts to take longer and longer to save and so far has taken over an hour and counting to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project and import everything into the new file.  See if that doesn't fix things for you.  Can you add more RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add more ram but I don't see how that will help.  I wasn't able to create a new project because Premiere froze.  We were able to get a xml so it looks like we will be leaving Premire and going back to Final Cut 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are doing HD video in 8 GBs of RAM.  If you have an approved GPU video card then much of the processing will be taken from the RAM and the CPU by the GPU.  If not, that load remains on the RAM and the CPU.  Computers love RAM, it's where they do their work.  I ram 16 GBs of RAM on an iCore 7 - 8 way core with a $400 video card and still had stop-n-freeze issues doing 4 camera multi-camera editing.  I moved to a 12 way iCore 7 rated at the same MHz and 64 GBs of RAM and can now edit 10 cameras at the same time in real time with no freezes.  8 GBs is what I would use for doing MS Office.  I think 32 GBs would be my minimum for multi-camera editing and 16 my minimum for single camera sequenses.  The old versions were designed to run with fewer resources, the newer versions of everything require more RAM and CPU.

Bottom line - do what works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines