• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Productions: "Project not found"

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we have a Productions going on here on multiple systems, with a specific problem clip. When I try to Reveal in Project, I get:

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 7.33.02 PM.jpg

Thing is, this isn't where the media should link from. It's some recovery copy of the wrong user.

How do I reassociate / relink it, if I can't even get to it? Catch 22.

This is a master clip, within a multicam source sequence, within a timeline.

I'm trying to get to the multicam source sequence and to the master clips, because they've been crashing Premiere every 20 minutes and make work impossible...

If I enable "view hidden" in the bin where the sequence lives, I see nothing additional.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly I would remove the trailing space from the project filename.

Secondly I would remove the square brackets from your path. It's generally not good practice to have brackets and other such characters in file and folder names as they can be inadvertently used as wildcards in application code. I appreciate your whole production is already inside this path so you may not want to change it, but it's worth checking.

What happens if you hit yes and open the correct .prproj?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice the space, good catch.

The square brackets are system-generated as part of Avid Nexis, nothing a user can do about it. Nexis and Premiere support each other, so I assume that is a non-issue.

If I click "Yes", I'm prompted with a dialog to locate the prproj file. What if it has been deleted?

There should be away to relink/reassociate "this media" with its existing instance in the Production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DrewPost For this kind of case you can use the Edit > Reassociate Source Clips command. The command can reassociate as many clips as you select to a single project. So select your clips, run the command, and point it to the project in your production that has those Source clips.

Alternatively if that project no longer exists and so there is no longer a Source clip anywhere in the production, you can use the Edit > Genrate Source Clips for Media command. This breaks any link across project and drops a new copy of the Source clip in your current project. 

See p.16 of the PDF documentation for more: http://bit.ly/PremiereProductions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines