• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Responsive Design - Time" reserved for Essential Graphics Titles only???!!!!

Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was super excited about the new "Responsive Design - Time" feature when I first heard about it.  Could it be that PP would FINALLY let us pin keyframes to in and/or out points of clips?!

To my great dismay, I just tried CC2018 for the first time and it seems this sorely needed feature has been enabled only for titles created with the Essential Graphics panel.

[begin rant]

Dear Adobe... Are you kidding?   You give us an invaluable tool we could use on a daily basis, but then restrict it to a single type of media?  Why???

Why can't I pin my Motion keyframes, Opacity Keyframes, or any Effect keyframes to the beginning and/or end of any regular clip, so that if I re-time it, the keyframes stick?  Editors NEED this kind of functionality, and not just for titles!!!!

[end rant]

Lets all speak up and let Adobe know that keyframe pinning is an essential tool and therefore should be available to ALL types of timeline media.

Time to post some feature requests folks!  Do you part here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Here's my FR. (feel free to copy/paste and send it to Adobe too.  There's power in numbers!

"How would you like the feature to work?

The exact same way it works for Essential Graphics titles, but available to all Timeline media types.

Why is this feature important to you?

Keyframe pinning has been a sorely missing feature in PP.  But now that it's finally offered, it's only available in Essential Graphics titles.  This drastically limits the usefulness of this important feature!  Editors NEED a practical way to pin keyframes (Motion, Opacity, Effect, Volume, etc) to the in/out points of all kinds of media, not just titles!  PLEASE make this invaluable feature available to other media types too, such as video, audio and legacy titles.  Thank you!"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added my FR too!

Thx!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You give us an invaluable tool we could use on a daily basis, but then restrict it to a single type of media?  Why???

My guess, because it's a new feature.  (Gotta start somewhere.)

Here's hoping it does get expanded!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're right Jim.  They had to start somewhere.  Hopefully they'll add this soon!  At least we can all do our part by sending them FRs.

Please send one too if you haven't already.

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines