• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This effect requires GPU acceleration" popping up even though I have hardware acceleration turned on

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!,

I keep receiving the error below, but I do in fact have hardware acceleration turned on. I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.

Windows 10, Dell 9575 XPS 2-in1, Radeon RX Vega M GL, IntelCore i7-8705G CPU 3.10GHz

Was trying to apply a change color effect I've spent the last 3ish hours searching trying to find a solution and have attempted the registry hack, but disabling the Intel driver didn't work. All the graphic drivers are up to date. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this a good source of info re: your cool computer. Apparently the graphics chip is embedded in the CPU chip. What will they think of next ??

Intel® Core™ i7-8705G Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M GL graphics (8M Cache, up to 4.10 GHz) Produc...

I use old stuff that uses CUDA discreet graphics card and don't use OpenCL so I can't advise on that. I'm wondering if there's another graphics renderer (aside from mercury thing you have selected ) that might work for you ?

In old days there was a list of 'compatible' graphics cards for PPro (AE, etc. ) that people would check out to see if the programs would work on their computers.

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi annievon303,

What is the frame size of your sequence? I do see this issue with underpowered GPUs, GPU accelerated effects, and VR frame sizes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show screenshot of GPUSniffer http://www.efxi.ru/more/gpusniffer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What ever happened with this?  I am experiencing the same issue on a brand new HP with VEGA M 4GB.  There shouldn't be any challenges using this as GPU acceleration but adobe is not recognizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines