Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

"Unsupported format or damaged file" trying to relink RED clips that worked fine previously

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening up a project after a few months and all of the RED files are offline. The source media is all in the same place on an external drive, but when I try to relink I get a "generic error". I tried newly importing one of the clips and I get "Unsupported format or damaged file."

I was able to work with the clips in Premiere previously, so I don't know what happened. The clips all play fine in the RED Player and don't appear to be corrupted. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro 15.2.0

MacOS Big Sur

Source files are on a portable USB3 drive, although I tried moving a clip onto the desktop and got the same error.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines